The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently picked up a Sundowner Outdoorsman Trailer, they designed them for side by side ATV's, but have a gross weight of 7000 pounds are all aluminum and tow really nice. This model is 22' long with a 7' box and 15'bed. The trailer comes with aluminum ramps, I added the 11' race ramp extensions and the Elise loads perfectly. The trailer is not cheap about $8500, but for track days it is perfect as you have a great storage area in the front for everything you might need. Just thought I would share.

Attachments

·
Registered
385 Posts
That looks like an interesting idea. I would love to have some lockable, dry storage on my open trailer. But I do have a concern with the design.

Have you measured the % weight on the tongue when loaded? Even with the box on the front, I would be concerned about the load balance with the CG of the elise so far back. It's nearly behind the rear axle of the trailer.

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
That looks like an interesting idea. I would love to have some lockable, dry storage on my open trailer. But I do have a concern with the design.

Have you measured the % weight on the tongue when loaded? Even with the box on the front, I would be concerned about the load balance with the CG of the elise so far back. It's nearly behind the rear axle of the trailer.
I have a similarly designed custom trailer. To address this, I back the car onto the trailer and it puts the majority of the weight over the axles. It then pulls beautifully.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts