The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, I need a new pair of sunglasses. What kind do you folks use or like?

I really like rimless Maui Jim's, but I have a hard time accepting a $250 price tag.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Go to the mall and buy a pair of knockoffs. That is what I will be doing. Too poor to afford anything else after I get the car.

·
Registered
5,607 Posts
jml1952 said:
ok, I need a new pair of sunglasses. What kind do you folks use or like?

I really like rimless Maui Jim's, but I have a hard time accepting a $250 price tag.
I just got two pair of polarized Maui Jims for free. All I had to do was wear them to an appearance. I didnt know they were so pricey. :eek:

·
Registered
739 Posts
Yeah - I've been worried about what socks to wear - I mean... you can loose a lot of brake feel if you wear the wrong socks...

Has anyone tried wearing panyhose? I'm seriously considering it - but I'm not sure which colour to go with....

;)

·
Registered
5,418 Posts
I find that those knock off's too really distort distances alot. They are junk and only look cool , biut perform horribly. NOt good when your driving a small high end sports car. Best baag for the money is the Serengetti drivers lens models. Can be had on the net for 60 bucks and are the best driving lenses by far. Chromatic and all.

·
Registered
282 Posts
I love my Maui Jim's! They are very light and stay put no matter what. I sometimes forget that I'm wearing them. I can also see into water when I'm wearing them, so they are cool to fish with etc.

-Eric

·
Registered
739 Posts
You have an unfair advantage... I'm worried about where to place my 'accessories'.

Perhaps a leather covered shifter would reduce chaffing though...

:D

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Maui Jims are awesome IMHO. I have had a pair for 4 years now. The polarized lenses are great for picking-up oil spots on asphalt, skidmarks and tire tracks too! I use them when I open track. I love them on the street as well... I can see beyond the glare and see through most tinted windows. (I like to look through the back window of the car in front of me so I know what traffic is doing up ahead.)

I think they're a bit expensive, but well worth it. I will definitely be buying a "dedicated pair of Maui Jims" for my Elise! :)

Bob

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Re: Re: Sunglasses for Elise driving

OneFastMiata said:
I just got two pair of polarized Maui Jims for free. All I had to do was wear them to an appearance. I didnt know they were so pricey. :eek:
They do have a range of prices, none exactly cheap. The ones that I like are $249.

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Paul MD said:
Has anyone tried wearing panyhose? I'm seriously considering it - but I'm not sure which colour to go with....

;)
I've heard about how English men like to wear women's clothing! No photos, please. :D

·
Registered
12,193 Posts
I wear only cheapie sunglasses. Reason is, I've lost or broken over $1000 of shades in the past... it's a losing venture for me :)

·
Registered
592 Posts
I second (or third or tourth) the Maui Jim recommendation. They are the best lenses I have ever found and were also highly recommended by opticians.

I find the expense to be a reason not to lose them!

·
Registered
347 Posts
I endorse both Serengeti and Maui Jim recommendations. Maui Jim if money is not a problem and Serengeti's if it is. I have had both (Serengeti's when I had contacts and prescription Maui Jim's) and these represented the best "driving" sunglasses I have had.

·
Forum Mop
612 Posts
polarized Bollé's are all i buy anymore ... i used to buy a lot of Ray-Ban's, but quit once I bought my first pair of Bollé's.

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
transio said:
I wear only cheapie sunglasses. Reason is, I've lost or broken over $1000 of shades in the past... it's a losing venture for me :)
I think there is a corralary to Murphy's Law that says you can't loose a $10 pair of glasses for trying.

I had some bolle polarized lenses that I liked. Pcked them up in Canada for a good exchange rate. :) Managed to hold on to them for about a year, which is probably a record for me and a good pair of glasses.

At the moment I have a $10 wal-mart special (but still polarized) that I'll hold onto until the next time I can justify a "nice" pair. :rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 50 Posts