The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Are we supose to lubricate our blowers at centain mileage intervals?

The service shop i use can order a lube kit for the 08 SC Elises ($25) , but i can't find a manual or diagram online of where the plug on the blower would be to check fluid levels. Does anyone know if the kit above comes with directions?

I've gone to Eatons site with no luck.

·
shay2nak
25,052 Posts
AFAIK, the SC is sealed for life. no need for lubrication

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
They are sealed, but they have a fill plug and a oil fill plug as well. There is a special oil that is made for Eaton superchargers. As luck has it, you can pick it from some car dealers that have OEM Eaton SC on their cars.

·
Vendor
3,240 Posts
You should periodically check the fluid level. Eaton's require special oil. The best place to buy it is at your ford dealer. Request 2004 Cobra S/C oil.

·
Registered
2,923 Posts
+1

From the Eaton FAQ:
Do I need to have the Supercharger serviced regularly?
No. Eaton Superchargers are factory sealed and tested to ensure durable, reliable performance for the lifetime of the vehicle and engine. If you suspect that the Supercharger is working improperly, take your vehicle to your GM dealer for inspection and service.

Obviously, they need to update the FAQ, but you get the idea. :D

FWIW, I ran an Eaton M45 (which is the same thing that's on the SC Elise) for over 100k miles on a Miata before I sold it. And I flogged the $hit out of that car. They're insanely durable. Unless you know what you're doing, I wouldn't monkey with it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts