The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought this 2003 111R Elise - First Lotus.
Absolutely LOVING the drive and fallen in love with the style. Few things to fix (sills/ headlight covers) but will take time. Love the look with the roof on. Owned a Corvette Stingray, Audi TT, Cayman and 911C4S but this is more pure and most fun. Gutted to be travelling overseas for 5 days and can't wait to get home !

Attachments

·
Registered
378 Posts
Congrats man! Is NZ New Zealand? Interesting thoughts on your previous sports cars vs. the Lotus. Looks awesome in Black!

·
Registered
136 Posts
I have a 2013 seven-speed manual Porsche 911 4S coupe, and it has pretty much sat unused in my garage since I got my Elise SC this summer. Until I got the Elise, I thought I'd never buy anything but Porsche ("there is no substitute"), but the Elise makes my Porsche feel like a truck in comparison. I completely understand the "separation anxiety" you're feeling now with your overseas travel. I've been driving my Elise pretty much every other day since I bought it, and I just can't get enough of the car. I know a lot of guys just use it for weekend joy rides or track events, but I love driving it on a regular basis, including short trips to the grocery store. I'm always looking for excuses to drive the Elise because even just driving it to the end of the block and back is an adventure. So welcome to the club and congratulations on a real beauty of a car!

·
Registered
378 Posts
I have a 2013 seven-speed manual Porsche 911 4S coupe, and it has pretty much sat unused in my garage since I got my Elise SC this summer. Until I got the Elise, I thought I'd never buy anything but Porsche ("there is no substitute"), but the Elise makes my Porsche feel like a truck in comparison. I completely understand the "separation anxiety" you're feeling now with your overseas travel. I've been driving my Elise pretty much every other day since I bought it, and I just can't get enough of the car. I know a lot of guys just use it for weekend joy rides or track events, but I love driving it on a regular basis, including short trips to the grocery store. I'm always looking for excuses to drive the Elise because even just driving it to the end of the block and back is an adventure. So welcome to the club and congratulations on a real beauty of a car!
^I can relate. When I picked up my Elise I was driving a lowered 2006 Solstice, which I thought was pretty nimble. Getting in the Elise made the Solstice feel like a mattress. Although the Solstice is more of a daily comfortable sports car, so I get it...
I have been driving my Elise to work (180 miles round trip) because the heater/a/c crapped out in the pruis :sad:
But now I have an excuse to :shift:.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts