The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 20 of 87 Posts

·
Puff Daddy
3,872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, PPE has caught up with orders and is ready to start pumping out some generation 2 headers for the Lotus community.

This header has a TON of thought and engineering time into it for the specific Lotus application... everything from collector placement, to toe-link clearance, to heat management issues, etc.

In case you missed all the other previous threads... here's the gist of it:

1. Bolt on modification for NA or SC cars (please specify)
2. 4-into-1 long tubed equal-length design engineered specifically to augment the Lotus' powerband
3. ENTIRELY made (from raw material to final product) inside the USA
4. Bolts up to factory brace to avoid cracking
5. "Ball and socket" design allows header to flex with the engine without cracking, damaging fragile bodywork, or catching your rear end on fire :eek:
6. Special consideration taken for owners of the Blackwatch Racing supercharger kit. Runner #1 has been designed to allow ample room around the relocated alternator. This also works with the Katana, factory Lotus SC kit, and the new TVS kit coming out

This pricing is the lowest you'll ever see for a custom engineered, US made Lotus header:

Header = $599.00
Decat pipe = $119.00
High-flow cat pipe = $249.00

Extras:

- Semi-gloss black coating (EXTREMELY recommended) = $280.00 for header combination (header + decat or header + cat pipe)
- Extra oxygen sensor bung for custom tuning = $25.00

:wave:

·
Registered
327 Posts
Hmmm pm'd.

·
Registered
378 Posts
How much does the Header/Sport Cat version weigh vs. the Stock setup?

·
Premium Member
3,738 Posts
Nice Bane, wish you had posted this about 5 weeks ago.

Rob.

·
Registered
385 Posts
do you need a retune with this? Will CharlieX do a tune?

·
Registered
545 Posts

·
Puff Daddy
3,872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
sorry, but what is a high flow cat pipe? a sport cat?
Yes sorry, high flow cat pipe = sport cat

How much does the Header/Sport Cat version weigh vs. the Stock setup?
It's 7-9 pounds lighter.

do you need a retune with this? Will CharlieX do a tune?
I strongly recommend getting a retune around any header that's placed on a Lotus (especially an SC car). Charlie has tuned several vehicles with the PPE header on them in the past so I'm pretty sure he'd be willing to help out. For you east coasters... Vision Function in MD also has the capability to re-tune your car.

How many weight lost?
Cost for creamic coating on header and Di-Cat piping?
Can Stage II or III exhaust fit on your de-Cat? ?
1. 7-9 pounds.
2. $599 + $119 + $280 = $998.00 + shipping :)
3. Yes, it will bolt up just fine.

+1, I have BWR S/C
Please see above. I strongly recommend a retune with anything modification that alters the VE of the engine.

·
Registered
385 Posts
I know you probably have a dyno chart somewhere... does this give you more torque or more high end hp? About how much does it give you. With a Gotham, you add 1k to the price....

·
Puff Daddy
3,872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Due to the design of the header (4-1) it's more geared for top end power. I think this is a better solution because it simply augments the 2ZZ powerband instead of trying to make it something that it's not.

On a good note, you don't lose any power down low with the header :D

·
Puff Daddy
3,872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Standard SC header has 1.75" primaries. That is designed to complement a car at the BWR/Katana/S240 power level.

·
Registered
123 Posts
when does this offer end? Still deciding whether I should upgrade the suspension first or do this first......

·
Puff Daddy
3,872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
proskills: The dyno shows a 9 hp and 5 ft lb improvement with the header.

Arnie: Not sure... as long as it takes I suppose? :shrug: It's difficult to sell anything right now so I'm going to keep this going for at least a month... honestly I thought there would be a little more interest in this.

·
Registered
123 Posts
feels really guilty splashing out on toys in this economy. Anyway, good luck with the sale! Please keep me inform when this offer is going to end. Cheers!

1 - 20 of 87 Posts