The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have set up a new website to feature our Trailex Trailers.

CaliforniaAluminumTrailers.com

Trailex is a very trick trailer used by racers on the East Coast, but almost unknown out West. Weighing in at less than 900lbs, it is half the weight of steel trailers of the same dimensions, yet just as strong.

They are so light you don't need a huge tow vehicle to pull one, plus they save you gas money getting to the track.

We got started selling Trailex Trailers because we used one to haul around our Rover powered Series 1 Exige Motorsports car (and a lot of other cars too.) Needless to say, we sold our heavier Featherweight.

We have 12 open and one very nice enclosed trailer in stock now.

Check out our Trailex site with photos of our Lotus race car and let me know if you have any questions.

·
Registered
723 Posts
I can attest to the fact that there is no better trailer made than a Trailex. :bow: It's true, paddocks are full of them here in the northeast/midatlantic.
We, Precision Motorsports Racing, have sold hundreds of them over the years. :crazyeyes
Rarely, if ever, do you even get a chance to buy a used one. :)

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Let me know what you are looking for. Trailex is very responsive to their customer needs. We can get your ideal trailer built for you and shipped directly to your door. I need drawings and measurements.

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
If only they made a smaller tire toter...
They will make almost anything.

Right now, I am sketching up a custom tire toter.

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Let me know what you are looking for. Trailex is very responsive to their customer needs. We can get your ideal trailer built for you and shipped directly to your door. I need drawings and measurements.
Just need something to put 4 race wheels and tires along with a trailer spare behind one of these:

Lotus Tow Package

If the tongue weight can be balanced enough, a lightweight cargo container would be nice too. Something to put the rest of the track tools and stuff in. I'm not serious enough into the track yet to go buy a full trailer and tow vehicle. And since our "big" car is a Mini Cooper S, I don't think you can make a trailer light enough for it to pull the Lotus. :D

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
I have been sketching out a small trailer to pull behind the Noble and I would love to give Trailex some input Darin.

·
Registered
180 Posts
I see Ken, the owner of Trailex, about 3x a week. I'll get on him about this. Made my two race sail boats trailers as well.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
We are working with our customers to move out the remaining Trailex inventory. Please call, PM, or email if interested in saving some $ on a new Trailex trailer.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
I am hunting for an enclosed light weight trailer but as the previous gent said, links do not work. Any other way to get more info on these trailers?

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
Contact Trailex. I think Darin is no longer with Smith Lotus and Darin was the guy who made those websites.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts