The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a reminder to those who may be interested, Supercar Saturday is next week July 6 at the Arboretum in South Barrington. I plan on attending, weather dependent, and that's been an issue much of this year, so hopefully the weather cooperates. The website says for display cars to arrive at 9am, but my experience has been to get there at least half an hour before that. Looking forward to seeing many of you there. :UK:

Supercar Saturdays

Regards
Terry

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
Didn't get a chance to post these earlier. I saw a few Lotus people at SCS.

·
Premium Member
520 Posts
I'm going for sure! I've missed the last one since wifey and I were on vacay. Will this be the one we see each other @Brandonm84? lol

·
Registered
531 Posts
My wife and I will be there for sure this time. Let me know if you wanna meet up before to park next to each other. Anyone else is welcome to as well...feel free to chime in

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
He's on fire!
3,261 Posts
looks like I'll make my annual go of it

·
Happy To Be Here
2013 Lotus Evora IPS - Carbon Gray
856 Posts
I should be able to attend. I’ll see you guys out there!

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
I wasn't planning on going, but since so many of you guys are going to be there I'll make an effort to come. Not 100% I'll take the Lotus (lots of road construction on the way there), but will definitely be with my camera.

·
Premium Member
240 Posts
Was planning on coming to this one but snapped my shifter off and the car is still all apart installing my Inokinetic shifter/cables and LETSLA. I doubt I'll get it done by tomorrow morning. :(

Are there any more this year? Have fun! Post pics!!

·
Registered
824 Posts
Was planning on coming to this one but snapped my shifter off and the car is still all apart installing my Inokinetic shifter/cables and LETSLA. I doubt I'll get it done by tomorrow morning. :(

Are there any more this year? Have fun! Post pics!!
One more is scheduled. Given the stable listed in your signature there, shouldn't be hard to find another good candidate to drive out!

I'm also going to try to make it as I haven't made it out to any of these so far this year.

·
Premium Member
240 Posts
One more is scheduled. Given the stable listed in your signature there, shouldn't be hard to find another good candidate to drive out!

I'm also going to try to make it as I haven't made it out to any of these so far this year.
The M5 is on the lift too......possibly eternally ha.

The trackhawk and Raptor just don't seem like supercars to me.

·
He's on fire!
3,261 Posts
what time you supposed to get there... i always forget. is 8:30 good or should i plan earlier?

·
Premium Member
520 Posts
That would be the latest if you plan to at least get a spot in the main area. 8a would be a safer bet but I just can't get up early enough lol. This is turning out to be a bigger Lotus crowd. Looking forward to meeting everyone!

·
Registered
531 Posts
I always try to get out of the house by 7 coming from Tinley Park. Usually takes me about an hour.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
Heads up for anyone coming from the north suburbs like me: Just went down Golf and it's under major construction around Arlington Heights (i.e. "rough grooved surface" construction and down to one lane in both directions). The good news is that I didn't encounter any sharp pavement dropoffs, but that's no guarantee they aren't present. I'm almost certainly not going to take the Lotus.

Also: Mitsuwa, one of the Japanese grocery stores in the area, is having a festival from 2-8pm (details) the same day. It's about 20min down the street from SCS.

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
Lots of Lotus turnout today - always nice to see familiar faces. Met @NoRawkus305 for the first time. Now I want that CF steering wheel that he and @Brandonm84 have.

Light was harsher than my car's ride though.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 39 Posts