The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who's up for it? New venue this time (they are alternating between Bolingbrook and Bannockburn).

Bannockburn Green - Half Day Road and Waukegan

I'm in. Don't really know what's around there so maybe there's a Starbucks or Panera or summat to meet up prior (7:30-7:45) so we can caravan in together like last time.

Who's in?

Oh, don't forget to register:

Supercar Saturdays

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
Who's up for it? New venue this time (they are alternating between Bolingbrook and Bannockburn).

Bannockburn Green - Half Day Road and Waukegan

I'm in. Don't really know what's around there so maybe there's a Starbucks or Panera or summat to meet up prior (7:30-7:45) so we can caravan in together like last time.

Who's in?

Oh, don't forget to register:

Supercar Saturdays
hmmmm, very interesting... not sure I can make this weekend, but the later dates look to be something I would shoot for

I would be game to caravan as well, but im in the milwaukee/waukesha area of WI

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Bumpity bump - anyone in?

I'm going. Nothing else to do on a Saturday morning before all the kid's baseball crap starts.

BTW - depending - I may bring the Moke. Should be getting it back Friday night.

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
Thinking about doing it since this isn't terribly far from my house.

·
Registered
2,824 Posts
I'm going but cruising there with a neighbor that has a Jaguar XKR. Plan to hang out for a few hours then we both have to take off.

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
For those who didn't go (pretty much all of you!), this was a really good one.

Because of the area (Bannockburn), you had a lot of 'monied' owners showing some great classics including:

- a GORGEOUS '55 Merc 300SL Gullwing. Takes the cake for 'most valuable' Probably close to $1M. Didn't see the guy by the car, but it was wide open for people to check out, etc.

- '72 Ferrari Daytona Spyder - owner claims it was the EXACT car used on the final season of Miami Vice, then went through a full restoration.

- Iso Griffo (yellow) - very rare care in the states. Beautiful.

- Black Aventador - the hit

- McLaren MP4 - sorry Choatie, this one was McLaren Orange and I think the kid had you beat for 'youngest McLaren owner'

Also, of note:

- The usual suspect Lambos, etc.
- A Rossion - cool, never saw one before
- A Factory Five GTM - very cool and INSANELY low. If a GT40 is 40" high, this had to be 36".
- A very early Countach
- the filthiest Jeep I've ever seen
- that awesome Riveria Blue/Orange GT3RS - owner was arguably the nicest guy I've ever talked to at the shows
- A very cool Renault Alpine something or other that I've never seen before.

And, a new Lotus friend. Cmon, Rick, I know you're lurking! He just picked up a Exige S in the GORGEOUS Ice White. It's the sparkly pearl white ala Lambo Balloon White - it's really something in person. Felt bad for Rick as he was parked behind the Aventador and the back of his car has about 500 ass prints on it from all the people leaning against it to take photos of the Aventador.

BTW, the owner of the Aventador? Short stocky fellow who made our ingress/egress look graceful.

All in all, probably one of the more interesting SSCs. Great venue - more like the Barrington Promenda where everything was in one parking lot as opposed to the 'streets' at Bolingbrook

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
And lastly, two of my favorite pics.

1) Lambo Doors - lots of 'em!

2) The Abarth from the commercial. His license plate is awesome! When I read it, I can hear the beautiful Catrinel Menghia saying 'Da Fiat 500 Ah Bart - you never for-ged de firs time' :)

Attachments

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Oh and for whatever reason, there were a TON of Acura NSX there - perhaps 12-15.

That 300SL is just so damn gorgeous in person. Arguably one of the most iconic cars of all time. The gull wings are obviously a thing of beauty, but it's really about the function. This sills are SUPER high. Twice the height of ours. Without the gull wings, ingress/egress would be impossible.

Oh, and the Mustang behind the 300SL? License plate is 'STIIG' - sorry, but I don't think you can put a 'STIG' whatever plate on a Mustang. There was another Mustang with a plate I DNMNT U (I Dominate You). Lame. Very lame.

Also, there's a nice pic of the filthy Jeep (was painted in bed liner). Oh, and a bunch of Lambos and a really hot chick.

Attachments

·
Registered
712 Posts
The guy standing next to her looks like he'd crush your spleen if you so much as looked at her...

1 - 20 of 22 Posts