The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, since you all suck and no one signs up for drives...

SuperCar Saturdays is this Sat (Bannockburn). Thinking might be fun to do that and then go for a drive/lunch after. I'll play with maps, but not sure there's a ton of spirited stuff near there. I'll find it. Or could be more of a casual cruise along the lake (the 'Ravines' are pretty awesome).

Do the list thing if in (oh and make sure to register for SCS):

1. Swinglo

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Gang - I'm struggling to find some good twisties near Bannockburn.

So, what about something a little different - howzabout we leave SCS and then head to the Lake. Follow Sheridan south along the lake (nice and scenic). And of course, you have the amazing 'Ravines' just north of Tower Rd. It won't be a spirited drive, but more of a scenic cruise. We can do that for a bit and then grab lunch.

Sound good?

I will keep playing with Google Maps to see if there's anything north/west of Bannockburn that would provide us with some fun. Bummer it's not still in Barrington. There's the some decent roads out that way.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Think pleasant thoughts...

I'm in either way, I guess, although my strong preference would be for a more spirited drive. But not if we have to drive two hours just to get to decent roads.

I always think pleasant thoughts to go with my wonderful personality. I am in also either way. Just need to sign up for scs tonight.

Also.. Throwing it out there.. I have a seat available for someone to tag along.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
He's on fire!
3,345 Posts
Never done a SCS... I'm considering it! will confirm if I can make it Thur/Fri

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Keep your eyes on the thread - weather is 50/50 right now so we'll play it by ear.

That being said, where the hell are the Chicago folks? Remember that whole '30 cars' thing for Todd's last drive?

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
I'll be there rain or shine. Probably in the Tesla though.

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Cool. I found a nice little route (at least it looks like it on Google Maps).

We can play around on it and then drive along the Lake (ravines, etc).

You guys want to meet up prior and caravan in/park together? We can meet in the parking lot at Deerfield High School (right on Waukegan about a 1/2 mile south of SCS)

·
Registered
668 Posts
I might be able to come. If I'm not in Ohio with Darin super charging my car.

I will keep an eye on the thread.

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well - great news. Weather changed and now going to be 84 and sunny! So, let's have fun.

Here's the plan:

Pre-Meet: Deerfield High School Parking Lot - 1959 Waukegan Rd. About a mile south of SCS on Waukegan. The parking lot runs right along Waukegan so we'll see the cars there.

Time - 7:45. That way we can caravan in when it opens at 8. Allows us to park together, but also leave together.

Plan - we'll play it by ear but maybe head out to drive around 10-10:30.

Route - I did my best. Roads aren't great around there, but we can scoot around a bit then a drive along the lake and then grab lunch. This is a casual one.

Gas up before we go so we don't have to stop.

Do the name thing:

1. Swinglo
2. JCS
3. Ishur...

·
He's on fire!
3,345 Posts
if i'm going to go, should i do anything other than show up? (such as some sort of registration as ishur has done?)

1 - 20 of 39 Posts