The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's at the Bolingbrook Promendade. First of the year. Off Boughton, just W of 355.

Roll in is at 8am. Anyone else going?

If so:

1. Register
2. We can meet up at the Panera across the street (by the Staples/Ikea) at 7:45 so we can roll in and park together.

Chime in.

Weather looks good - especially after this dogsh*t weather this week.

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
I could be persuaded if we can get some more WI peeps...

this weekend does look like it might stay dry even here in SE WI, but i've been lied to about weather before

·
6.94915254 lbs/hp
1,971 Posts
I could be persuaded if we can get some more WI peeps...

this weekend does look like it might stay dry even here in SE WI, but i've been lied to about weather before
I'm out. I am going to be in Nashville. Planning to attend the next ones though!

·
Happy To Be Here
2013 Lotus Evora IPS - Carbon Gray
911 Posts
Hmmmmmmm, that's a 2 hr 40 min drive for me...

I'm a maybe at this point.

Is there an actual registration form or is just chiming in good enough if I decide to go?

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You can go ahead and register here. That way you can 'display' your car, versus just showing up and hanging out.

It should be a good turnout - weather will be nice and there will be many cars there after the crap polar vortex winter:

Supercar Saturdays

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Mostly sunny and 63 on sat

·
Registered
Too many, don’t care.
1,437 Posts
I'm out. I have to do a lift kit on a Wrangler.

·
6.94915254 lbs/hp
1,971 Posts
I'm in for the Bannockburn dates. If it gets warmer than 40 this year.
Its funny because I feel the opposite way... Bolingbrook is so much better than Bannockburn in my opinion!

·
Registered
7,722 Posts
I registered, but I actually found something else worthwhile to do. If it falls through I might go, not sure which car Id bring.

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Bolingbrook tends to have the same cars every year.

Bannockburn is better because you get the north shore money crowd with their expensive classics - ie, the '55 300SL Gullwing, the Daytona Spider, etc.

I'm going - hell, weather has been so bad - nothing better to do on a Sat AM so might as well go and get into the 'car vibe'. Home by 11:30 and still have the day. Easy.

·
6.94915254 lbs/hp
1,971 Posts

Bannockburn is better because you get the north shore money crowd with their expensive classics - ie, the '55 300SL Gullwing, the Daytona Spider, etc.
When I went to Bannockburn last year with you (June 1st) there were no remarkable classics... I just went through all my pictures and the most interesting one was a black E-type jag... :sad:

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
When I went to Bannockburn last year with you (June 1st) there were no remarkable classics... I just went through all my pictures and the most interesting one was a black E-type jag... :sad:
This guy was there:

·
Registered
361 Posts
I'm thinking of going. Just not sure that I'll make it there in time to meet up with you guys to head over enmass. For those of you that have been before... is rolling in just before 9a too late?

·
Registered
7,722 Posts

I'm going - hell, weather has been so bad - nothing better to do on a Sat AM so might as well go and get into the 'car vibe'. Home by 11:30 and still have the day. Easy.
Maybe actually driving the car would get you into the "car vibe."
I take my son all the time in my cars and on my motorcycles, hes great company.
I know you have kids but I get the impression theyre young. Drag them along to the car shows, (when old enough) spending time like that driving together, or attending the car shows together is great bonding.
Saturday my son is going to play his war games in Rockford so Im driving him out there, dropping him off, then spend a few hours hitting the country roads, pick him up and drive back home.
I get bored of car shows after about 30 mins, I don't care what big money cars are there. Id rather actually do stuff than oogle some guys car.
To each his own.

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I'm thinking of going. Just not sure that I'll make it there in time to meet up with you guys to head over enmass. For those of you that have been before... is rolling in just before 9a too late?
I'm sure you can, but it actually fills up by about 8:30. Sometimes there are spots, sometimes you have to do the parking lot thing.

Either way, make sure to introduce yourself!

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
No way that was last year June! It was cool and overcast, not sunny!
Ok, mighta been the following one. But that day, there was that car, a yellow Iso Griffo and a '73 Daytona Spider (with Green Bay Packers plates = immediately reduces the value of the car by $300K - :) )

1 - 20 of 31 Posts