The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys its been awhile since ive been on here maybe 2007? Anyways looking for a new exhaust. I been searching for the past week and cant find any good info or updated threads. Hopefully you can help!

Car is a 05 Elise with a supercharger and wanted to know what exhaust would give me the right sound. I want it to be nice toned and a bit loud. An exhaust that pops when letting off the throttle haha I have no clue why I like the sound maybe its because of my friends Miata. Anyways so far 2bular and BOE are my only options for superchargers. BOE sounds good cause I can repack and 2bular doesnt have many options on there website :confused:I have the Sector 111 delete so I will want an exhaust sticking out the side not out under the diffuser. Any help would be great!:clap:

·
Registered
693 Posts
Larini 6". I have an 06 w/supercharger and it POPs and gurggles. It's also above diffuser and I also have the sec111 delete.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Do you have a sound clip? and how long have you had it on the car? How is the packing? I wish all exhaust for our cars where designed to be repacked haha

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
anyone elise have any ideas?

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No it is used for the track 95% of the time.:shift: If it was used mostly on the street I would agree with you.

·
6.94915254 lbs/hp
1,731 Posts
I just got done installing a 2bular 6x18 exhaust on my Exige S last night (at 9pm!). I have only driven it like 10 miles with it but it pops and gurgles and is quite loud.. in a good way! Jim built me a repackable exhaust too so it can be done, and while their website doesn't list other sizes, you just need to email him and he will build you a custom size.

I hope to get some videos up soon!

·
Registered
6,889 Posts
I had to go with the 2ubular 8 X 24 due to Sunday morning noise restrictions at Road Atlanta. Loud enough for street I guess, can't hear it much over the supercharger whine :evil:

I do miss the greater noise of the thru the diffuser Topspeed. Popped and gurgled, people would come up to us in the paddock and say it was the best sounding car there. We went by the paddock at 8000!

·
Banned
404 Posts
Hey guys its been awhile since ive been on here maybe 2007? Anyways looking for a new exhaust. I been searching for the past week and cant find any good info or updated threads. Hopefully you can help!

2bular doesnt have many options on there website :confused:I have the Sector 111 delete so I will want an exhaust sticking out the side not out under the diffuser. Any help would be great!:clap:
Yes, sorry - the our new website is still very much a work-in-progress.

We're going to have separate pages for the N/A and S stuff.

Elises can have Twin-tip Thru-Diffuser:

or our new re-packable Race GT3 systems - this is the 6" but they come in 7" or 8"dia - Stainless or Ti:

8" Ti:

Hope to get all the info/prices up this week-end!

·
Premium Member
5,176 Posts
Personally I like the Arquay dual tip exhaust system from Sector 111. Sounds and looks great with pops and gurgles but for long drives the drone does not get to you. Someone has one new in box in the for sale section.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yes, sorry - the our new website is still very much a work-in-progress.

We're going to have separate pages for the N/A and S stuff.

Elises can have Twin-tip Thru-Diffuser:

or our new re-packable Race GT3 systems - this is the 6" but they come in 7" or 8"dia - Stainless or Ti:

8" Ti:

Hope to get all the info/prices up this week-end!
The 6" looks really nice im liking the tip! Is that stainless steel or Ti? How is the sound will it have some pops? And is the 6" louder than 8" or what is the difference?

·
Banned
404 Posts
The 6" is waaaay louder than the big 8". The tip is Stainless on that 6" but I can put a Ti tip on it if you want.

Pops and bangs on the SC installs are pretty much guaranteed - unfortunately - I don't like unburnt fuel igniting inside my silencers!

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The 6" is waaaay louder than the big 8". The tip is Stainless on that 6" but I can put a Ti tip on it if you want.

Pops and bangs on the SC installs are pretty much guaranteed - unfortunately - I don't like unburnt fuel igniting inside my silencers!
How loud would you compare the 6" to 7" to 8"? Sorry that was a bad question but I would like to know. Also I think the SS tip looks better, it looks like it fits the exhaust better as if it 1 piece if that makes sense. haha

·
Banned
404 Posts
How loud would you compare the 6" to 7" to 8"? Sorry that was a bad question but I would like to know. Also I think the SS tip looks better, it looks like it fits the exhaust better as if it 1 piece if that makes sense. haha
The 6"dia x 18" silencer is 106dbs - seriously loud on an SC install - yet I've got US customers running it with a De-Cat! :crazyeyes
One owner over here had a pax ride in an Exige 240 with the 6x18 - loved it - ordered up the same. One week later, phoned, begging me to take it back and make him an 8x22 :rolleyes:
The bigger the silencer, the quieter the exhaust note - all else, (bore/packing/core pipe etc) being equal.

Hello Ara! How's that 7"dia x 18" doing?

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Has anyone heard from Jim recently?

Ive been waiting for a reply for 3 weeks and recently sent a message 2-3 days ago... I really want to order an exhaust as soon as possible. Anyone know what time would be good to call? Im in California so I dont really know when his place is open.:confused:

·
Banned
404 Posts
Has anyone heard from Jim recently?

Ive been waiting for a reply for 3 weeks and recently sent a message 2-3 days ago... I really want to order an exhaust as soon as possible. Anyone know what time would be good to call? Im in California so I dont really know when his place is open.:confused:
I'm back - sorry about any delays in e-mail replies etc. Been under a Porsche 997 R&D'ing some new exhausts (sorry for swearing!) :eek: - not sure where the heck Lotus are going these days, so covering our back.
Our new all-singing/all-dancing TIG welding sets arrive today, so I'll be having a play with them - then back to work :D

I'll get back to you tonight. Had a call yesterday morning from a couple of night-owls in LA! I always put my phone number on e-mail replies if you want to have a chat.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts