The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
tough decision. Id probably go with the 300 just for simplicity and upgradeability.

It would be fun to see IATs between the two kits under similar conditions.

·
Registered
708 Posts
It depends.

Once you do it, are you done? Will you upgrade in the future?

If it were me, I'd do the 310 and decide that I'm done. Otherwise, I'd skip right to the 400.

·
Gamera The Atomic Turtle
3,349 Posts
300 tvs. Unless you need more sound from it, the REV TVS are pretty quiet relative to the M62's..

·
Plug Whisperer
6,305 Posts
my 2 cents is that if track duty is your primary MO, the cooled systems will provide more consistant power (310 or 400). Both the TVS and M62 blower platforms benefit from a cooler on the road course. It's *not* an issue of "safety", but a simple issue of power. The sustained blower loads on the track generate more heat than even the most aggressive street driving and the addition of the charge cooler will help to keep much of the power that would be otherwise lost on the esses.

My personal street car is a TVS300 with a decat and Silent Touch, but otherwise stock. It's sooooo simple. Easy to install and makes a fair bit more power than any of the non-cooled M62 platforms, ie Rev250, Katana265, the old BWR kits, etc.

So it just boils down to preference and use. In any case, I don't think you'll go wrong. All the kits are perfectly upgradable.

I hope to be working a 400WHEEL horsepower tune for the stock ECU (with a built motor and cams of course. We detune the Rev400 for the stock motors to make about 300wheel horsepower. Currently, the only way to get 400wheel hp is with standalone EMS) in the off season. We'll see...

Cheers,

Phil

·
Registered
49 Posts
400 WHEEL HP? I think I need this....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts