The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Anthony
604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
SOLD...SOLD....Came across a more hp/tq setup---will go for it if this sells. It won't be available to me until next month (April). In the meantime...

I can offer a BWR kit + Charlie's killer tune for ____ (EDIT: new price in later post, please scroll down.) FIRM It has only 386 miles on it. Basically, new and TESTED.* We can pull it before the end of the month or with reasonable notice---PM me. We'd swap ECU's.

*(Idles smoothly, has no glitches at WOT, part throttle and no engine stalls when slowing or stopping). Ours is an '06 Elise. Nasty torque power. I still feel that I may have gotten a Super-extra-super tune from Charlie. :)

The buyer is welcome to see it in the car and go for a ride, before we pull it and give you the package the same day. We'd swap ECU's.

If you want it installed in your Elise, you could vacation at Universal/Disney/Knotts for a while, or anywhere in SoCal and then drive away Supercharged. (PM for estimated cost and time for install).

For super safety (if installed) your car would be garaged alongside our Elise and blocked by 4 cars on hilly terrain and protected by an outside security force, plus the regular alarms and sensors...hey it's LA). Near Pasadena.

I'm aware of vendor and private sales of other superchargers, so don't need refreshing of what so-and-so is selling or has sold his/her SC for. And I'm not saying that those people are humps. rotfl Just please save it for some other thread. My German Shepherd thanks you. :p

If there are multiple parties interested, I can post dibs in PM order. That way you don't have to think we stiffed you, because we wanted to install the kit. It's any easy install for DIY'ers.

Shipping would be extra if you can't pick up. Please PM with questions. I can then set up dates for availability. As far as pics, it looks the same as any BWR install. Naturally, we can send a pic if you are a buyer. Again, PM.

Thanks for checking on this great buy!

·
Registered
144 Posts
PM'd you.

Question - I have an 05 Elise and I believe there are differences with the 06 that would have to be addressed. Does anyone have info on what they are and how complex/costly they would be?

Thanks

·
Anthony
604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
There are several dyno charts available under "search" function. I haven't tested it. Very noticeable difference over stock.

·
Anthony
604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Lots of interest, not yet sold. Four people wanted the installed setup, but they all are 5-7 TRAVEL days away. Haven't heard back from another long distance interested party. Only practical if your here for business, vacation or play.

If you wanted the install, maybe it's best not to consider it unless you're on the west coast, unless you will be in the area other reasons.

If you buy it outright you will save $1000 over the BWR kit and CharlieX tune.

Thanks for your interest. Still for sale at the original posted price. FIRM.

·
Anthony
604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Will adjust price on install. '06-'07 only. No '05's. PM.

·
Anthony
604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Another long distance interested party couldn't make the over 4,000 mile round-trip. Don't blame him. I wouldn't go over a day each way, unless vacationing or biz. JMO Thanks so far, for the interest. :up:

·
Anthony
604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Because of complications (my deal fell through). The kit is no longer available at an $1100.00 savings. BWR price + Charlie's flash.

I will only consider $3500.00 for the kit and flash. A savings of $600.00. You'd have to send your ECU to Charlie and I'd send the kit ECU to Charlie for his updated flash. When it's a done deal, Charlie would send the updated flash to you.

We could install the kit for a total of $3800.00. That would include Charliex's flash. Only $300.00 for the install. In order to lock in either price, a $500.00 non-refundable deposit must be made. PayPal is fine. You can pm. A paypal sent will solidify the deal along with your post on this thread. I can no longer accept an "I'm interested"...or "Can you hold off 'til Friday, etc." :) Don't mean to sound tough, but tired of "tire kickers." Thanks, please pm for any questions.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Hahahaha... that's the way to market a product... try and sell it at a lower price and then when it doesn't sell, jack the price up.... makes LOTS of sense...

·
Registered
144 Posts
To be fair, he adjusted the price in several ways. While he raised the cost of the kit itself, he dropped the install cost to offset the increase.

Hahahaha... that's the way to market a product... try and sell it at a lower price and then when it doesn't sell, jack the price up.... makes LOTS of sense...

·
Registered
438 Posts
Just an FYI to everyone. I was in talks with him as of last night where I said I would take it and was ready to go, I just asked him a few contact information questions. He wanted a 200 non refundable deposit as of last night. Now this morning he has apparently told me and you all he wants more money and now the deposit has gone from 200 to 500. I was ready to put the orginal request amount down last night but who increases the price mid negotation??

I am sorry that you had tire kickers but that can happen when selling anything, no need to penalize those who were not tire kickers... you have lost my money because of this. :no:

·
Anthony
604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Just an FYI to everyone. I was in talks with him as of last night where I said I would take it and was ready to go, I just asked him a few contact information questions. He wanted a 200 non refundable deposit as of last night. Now this morning he has apparently told me and you all he wants more money and now the deposit has gone from 200 to 500. I was ready to put the orginal request amount down last night but who increases the price mid negotation??

I am sorry that you had tire kickers but that can happen when selling anything, no need to penalize those who were not tire kickers... you have lost my money because of this. :no:
Just so everyone is clear, in breinhar's last pm to me before I revoked my offer to him, his exact words regarding the furtherance of a possible deal with me were: "I am still interested in the kit." He did NOT say he "would take it" or he was "ready to go." There was NO acceptance of my offer in any of his pms to me at any time. If he had accepted my offer, I would have unequivocally held up my end of the bargain because a contract would have been formed. However, not only was a contract not formed, breinhar then chose to post misinformation on this thread in order to defame my character, with the obvious intent to sway potential buyers away from considering to deal with me. If breinhar wishes to dispute the facts as I have stated them in this post, I will request that the administrators display all of his pms to me on this thread in order to clear my name.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.