The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
2007 Elise
273 Posts
Color me jelly - I badly want to SC my car, but have a list of other things (suspension and more driving miles) that I have to get through first. I'm excited to hear your thoughts after the install is finished.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Nice! I can't wait till InoKinetic gets their latest version of their supercharger kit finished. The BOE kit is a bit much for me.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well guys, ran into a hiccup. So I get the blower fully installed, but I guess when I installed my test pipe, i didnt fit the donut gasket correct and have a leake before my O2 so car is saying its running lean. Ordered a new gasket, just waiting for it to arrive before I can drive.

Install was not hard at all. Only needed help when putting the actual blower into place. Other than that only took maybe 5 hours.

·
Administrator
7,257 Posts
Well guys, ran into a hiccup. So I get the blower fully installed, but I guess when I installed my test pipe, i didnt fit the donut gasket correct and have a leake before my O2 so car is saying its running lean. Ordered a new gasket, just waiting for it to arrive before I can drive.

Install was not hard at all. Only needed help when putting the actual blower into place. Other than that only took maybe 5 hours.
Did you already have the ecu tuned?

·
Administrator
7,257 Posts
Sure did! As soon as I had my coffee this morning i went ahead and readjusted it. Been idling for 5 minutes and so far all good.
That's right you have a standalone right? No waiting!

·
Administrator
2005 Lotus Elise
2,188 Posts
What brand of standalone ECU do you have and are you pretty happy with it? I know this is slightly off topic, sorry. Congrats on the install BTW.

·
Administrator
7,257 Posts
I had assumed you had a stand alone but I just looked back over your REV300 thread and I don't see it. Is your ECU OEM? How are you adjusting do you have Fastworks?

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I had assumed you had a stand alone but I just looked back over your REV300 thread and I don't see it. Is your ECU OEM? How are you adjusting do you have Fastworks?
By readjusting i meant the exhaust gasket haha. But I have a OEM tuned by BOE.

So, turns out the lean code is being caused by my surge tank. I had checked the gauge and it read 50psi, ok great! Called BOE and they were kinda stumped like me, after we got off the phone, i went ahead and started the car, it was running rough. Ok so fuel air spark... easiest for me to check is fuel, so checked my surge tank and pressure is reading 50psi. Old Naval training kicks in, I tap the gauge. It drops to 35-40psi.

Im now officially pissed at myself. Loosen the valve and allow more fuel in. Car starts purring and doesn't run like crap... so now here i am kicking myself, ordering a new pressure gauge now.

·
Administrator
7,257 Posts
Glad it was something easy!

·
Dreaming of Lotus
2005 Elise Sport Touring
178 Posts
The thumbnail on the main page had me thinking you were writing a troll post :ROFLMAO:
Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Automotive design Bumper Automotive exterior

Congrats!

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Ok guys an update. Got a new pressure gauge installed into the surge tank. Only had 30 PSI. Oof. Set it to 50 and started her up. Running a bit rich now, shocker. Unfortunately im about to head into work. So tomorrow I will run and drive it to set my fuel trim and hopefully thats all she wrote!

·
Registered
07 Aspen White Exige S - MT
1,667 Posts
Ok guys an update. Got a new pressure gauge installed into the surge tank. Only had 30 PSI. Oof. Set it to 50 and started her up. Running a bit rich now, shocker. Unfortunately im about to head into work. So tomorrow I will run and drive it to set my fuel trim and hopefully thats all she wrote!
50 may be too much…..

·
Administrator
7,257 Posts
It's 47 PSI they probably saw all the 50 PSI ratings and mistook it for the FP. Double check it's 47 PSI

1 - 20 of 27 Posts