The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in the process of installing a BWR and I was wondering about experiences with heatsoak.

Is there any documentation on whether standard SC kits (BWR/Katana) experience performance degradation due to heatsoak. If so, does anyone have stats on how much driving causes enough heat to see performance slip and by how much?

I'm mostly focused on street driving, but I understand this condition would be much more common on the track, so I'd appreciate thoughts/stats on both

·
Registered
10,000 Posts
Kits powered by my firmwares will start a slight loss about 98C and then it'll pull at 108C, it'll drop a lot of HP to get things to cool off, around 100HP, until the temps get down below 98C, then it'll restore all power again.

·
Registered
9,786 Posts
Kits powered by my firmwares will start a slight loss about 98C and then it'll pull at 108C, it'll drop a lot of HP to get things to cool off, around 100HP, until the temps get down below 98C, then it'll restore all power again.
How does that compare with the factory firmware, if you're at liberty to say?

EDIT: BTW, do you have my dyno sheets from SMMR? If so, could you scan them for me?

·
Registered
143 Posts
are we talking about coolant temps or intake temps? last time i was at the track, during an extremely hot day, my water temp hovered around 200-207 when i was running the engine hard. i could feel the ECU retarding the engine.

i don't want to touch the car too much as i am far away with no dealer support but i am thinking of installing a simple water injection system to help cool the intake temps. here in the philippines, it is always really hot. do you think that is a viable option?

·
Registered
475 Posts
100hp lost?

So when it's hot the car will be worst than NA...

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts