The Lotus Cars Community banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 40 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Also, I would add that at no extra cost (other than dyno time), a FF 275 kit with a standalone ECU can be configured to have a second map with race gas producing much better numbers. On 100 octane gas, my car produces 252 whp and 221 ft/lbs of torque. I only plan to use this map on autocross days (100 octane is $8/ gallon) but I wanted to point out that option.
I'll add your remark above as a note underneath the next version of the table (in the table itself I only use normal gas to keep it as comparative as possible). BTW: that torque would be by far the highest torque, all graphs need to be replotted for that. In fact I used your dyno-figures on normal gas as input for the FF275 kit, so you're already in there!
Thanks for pointing it out!

·
Registered
6,037 Posts
I'll add this your remark above as a note underneath the next version of the table (in the table itself I only use normal gas to keep it as comparative as possible). In fact I used your dyno-figures on normal gas as input for the FF275 kit, so you're already in there!
Thanks for pointing it out!
Woohoo!!!

I'm immortalized.:nanner:

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
I updated the overview again because of price changes in the S111 SC kit (lower price) and the BWR SC-kit & FF275 (higher prices). The conclusion that ‘The BWR kit is the cheapest solution for an increase in WHP and ft-lbs (peak and average race)’ is still valid, however the difference with the S111 Katana has become smaller.

Also it looks like a new SC-kit with intercooler (called NewCo SC w/IC for now in the overview in post #1) will become available (http://www.lotustalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=54896).
Based on the published dyno’s in the test phase of this kit, I included this kit in the overview. Based on this it looks like ‘the best bang for the buck’-award will go to this kit.

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Update made: removed the Katana version with smaller pulleys because this turned out to be an unhealthy long term solution.
Added the 2zz Rotrex kit.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Katana Supercharger reflashed computer is giving me the following incomplete monitor problem:

Inc (Incomplete) - Vehicle was not driven enough under proper conditions to complete the monitor.

I have driven the car about 60 miles and I am still getting the Inc on the following.

Catalyst, 02, H02, Evaporative are the not ready monitors.

I have no trouble codes.

Questions:

1. How many miles do I need to drive to clear the incomplete monitors normally?

2. Could this be a indication of a computer problem?

3. Does the problem relate to the Katana Supercharger reflash?

Thank you for your time.

Dan Hill

·
Registered
10,000 Posts
Exigeer, if its an early 2006 reflash, send it into me and i'll update it, you can find out if you read the IAT on OBD II if it reads -40 , its an old flash, also the fans will blip on and off.

·
Registered
112 Posts
2006 ECU Reflash

Thanks for the quick response and I do have the fan blip that I was wondering about. I have to ECU pulled and will be shipping it this week per your instructions. Sorry for posting this in three location, but I was worried I had a larger problem with my baby. I appreciate your support.

Dan Hill

·
Registered
10,000 Posts
no worries, I know how that goes :) always happy to help, i was just worried you were some how unable to see my responses.

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Updated the overview again:
In goes VF and BOE.
Out goes Web Rotrex kit.
We'll see what the impact of the upcoming VF Stage II kit will be!

·
Registered
677 Posts
If you have access to the graphs then a better way is to compare the area under the graph between certain rpm points.

For example the area going from 1krpm to 3krpm gives a very good indication of driveability on the road. 5k-8k would show ultimate maximum potential.

I used this to show a comparison of a 200bhp 2.0l honda and 210bhp 1.8 K Series. Even thought the K had ultimate top end power when you start looking at the areas instead you can see quickly why a honde engine prooves to be faster.

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Can you add in the VF stage 2 as well, be curious to see it.
I now put in VF Stage II as an to be released kit: see the separate remark underneath the table, yellowmarked to get the attention of people. I already assigned row 9 in the table (now hidden) for VF stage II. I didn't put VF2 in yet because I'm not sure if the dyno VF already posted in their stage II thread will be the final tune because of the fuel pump problems. Maybe after they sorted out this problem they (i.e. that would be you) will retune to use the additional power possibilities the better fuel pump will give.
Also no pricing estimate has been published and I'm pretty much in the dark what the price bump will be: $1K, 2K, 3K? I will be more than happy to put in the #'s in the table and graphs if somebody can give me a reasonable price estimate.
Note: by downloading the sheet in post #2 everybody can put in a kit, or play with the numbers to see what impact it will have on the graphs. Easiest is to unhide the empty row 9 and use this to add a kit.

I want to see stage II as well. Keep a space available for a Rotrex.
Same answer as above, I'm waiting for #'s for the rotrex setup Dustylax is building (or should I wait for your setup :) ), I'm really curious about it --> so I put a yellowmarked remark underneath the table.
I deleted the rotrex setup by web 3.0 because it doesn't look like he will try to make it work for the Elise anymore, again see the remark underneath the table for links.
Note: You can simply unhide row 9 in the sheet, put in HP, torque and $ and the graphs will be automatically updated if you want to play with some #'s, the spreadsheet can be downloaded in post #2of this thread.

If you have access to the graphs then a better way is to compare the area under the graph between certain rpm points.

For example the area going from 1krpm to 3krpm gives a very good indication of driveability on the road. 5k-8k would show ultimate maximum potential.

I used this to show a comparison of a 200bhp 2.0l honda and 210bhp 1.8 K Series. Even thought the K had ultimate top end power when you start looking at the areas instead you can see quickly why a honde engine prooves to be faster.
Good idea, thanks! I now only have the race category (5,500RPM - 8,000RPM) but a street category is also a good idea. Not all Elises/Exiges all full time track beasts.

·
Registered
10,000 Posts
Its close power wise, price i don't know, you can put in place holder like the other kits that aren't finalised power/price too, then just update it when they're announced.

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
I would expect VF II and BOE TVS s/b very close both in price and power, IMO you can't go wrong with any of these kits just based on these two indicators.

21 - 40 of 59 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.