The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Exige S240
3,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a used MP62 that was removed from a 2008 Exige S240.
  • It has around 25,000 miles.
  • **The nose ('snout') needs the internal parts replaced. I don't know who sells the rebuild kit.
  • **The second picture shows some of the black coating is worn away from the rotor.
  • Fits 2007+ Exige, 2-eleven all with factory supercharged 2ZZ-GE. Does not fit Elise SC.
  • It comes with the bypass valve attached.
  • Does not come with pulley or seals.
  • boxed and ready to ship for $650.
-PM preferred....Robert
supercharger.jpg
supercharger1.jpg

·
Acme Super Moderator ** The Enforcer **
7,598 Posts
  • **The nose needs the internal parts replaced. This is the company I would buy the rebuild kit from or ship it to them: The High Speed Lab, HOME for Superior Eaton Supercharger Rebuild Services
  • **The second picture shows some of the black coating is worn away from the rotor.
  • Fits 2007+ Exige, 2-eleven all with factory supercharged 2ZZ-GE. Does not fit Elise SC.
-PM preferred....Robert
View attachment 1268900 View attachment 1268901
Why recommend that company that seems to specialize in Eaton SCs, when the MP62 is a Magnuson SC? I might be missing something.

San

·
Acme Super Moderator ** The Enforcer **
7,598 Posts
Oh, sorry....wrong company: Do you know of one?
How about this company: Extended drive snout rebuild kit MP45, MP62, MP90, MP112, MP122 – Jon Bond Performance LLC

Thanks for checking my post San!
I haven't had any experience with rebuilding a supercharger, and the Exige S I have is my first supercharged vehicle. Therefore, I can't vouch for any particular company.

No knowledge of this company, just a simple Google search. Magnuson Supercharger Rebuild Service - Superchargers Online

Why not Magnuson itself? Parts

I appreciate you not taking my post the wrong way. I certainly wasn't checking your post (in a negative way), just trying to provide useful input. GLWS.

San

·
Registered
2,525 Posts
The link in the first post - the high speed lab - are the correct people to rebuild a MP62 for an "affordable" rate. Most others can't because there is no method to clock the rotors officially. They also sell rebuild kits, but so does ebay for less IIRC.

·
Registered
23 Posts
  • **The nose ('snout') needs the internal parts replaced. I don't know who sells the rebuild kit.
-PM preferred....Robert
View attachment 1268900 View attachment 1268901

PM Sent

1 - 6 of 6 Posts