The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've looked up and down the search page, didn't find an answer solid enough.

If I get the Katana2 Supercharger and slap on a 3.0" or 2.9" pulley, does anyone know the average increase in HP over the Katana2 with it's standard Pulley size (with proper tuning)? I'm curious to know cause I'm considering the Katana2 Supercharger as my last hoorah before jumping into the next car, but I don't think +30HP...+40HP won't cut it for me...

Any information or Dynos would be appreciated! :clap::clap::clap:

Note: My Elise is a Daily Driver and I'm on the fence about running a 3.0 or 2.9 for reliability and longevity concerns, any expertise advice on reliability and longevity would also be appreciated!

·
Premium Member
2,637 Posts
Go with a TVS supercharger or the Katana 265 kit for your Elise. Either kit will give you much more than 30 or 40 HP. I got another 75 HP out of the Katana 265, and verified it on a dyno. The TVS supercharger kits will give you another 110/210 HP, but require clutch and transmission upgrades to be track reliable.

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
The most important part when increasing the boost on a supercharger (or anything that creates boost) is the increase in air temperature. The more you compress air the hotter it gets. There is no way around that. You can have a more effecient product that heats the air less for a given boost increase and usually turbos excell that, while the roots supercharger as seen in the Katana (and any other kit not expressely using a TVS blower) is not as effecient.

So thats why the higher dollar kits have the intercoolers. When you want to run more then about 8 PSI on a roots you really really need to have an intercooler. The Katana is great for its simplicity, but it also builds in limitations as a result of the simplicity.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank guys, it looks like the Katana265 would be the "safest" direction for me to go to optimize the performance of the Katana2 solution. Since I already have PPE Headers with no Cat and a upgraded Exhaust, I think the CAI and tune would suffice when time to move to the 265.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts