The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SO I cannot find any relevent threads
I am going to remove the supercharger to do a nose refresh.

There does not appear to be a section in the factory manual, best I can do is the parts manual

Can anyone point me to a thread that might be helpful?

·
Addict
1,327 Posts
Have you read the install notes on BOE’s site? Might help for removal.

Edit: My manual has a section on supercharger removal. Section EH, not sure what manual you have.

·
Premium Member
1,355 Posts
Removing the s/c from an exige is a big job! I believe the only way to refresh the snout is to remove the whole unit. This would involve removal of the intake manifold as well. There are a bunch of things you can do while it is out however. Thermostat, coolant lines etc. If you pm me your email I can send you install instructions for various s/c's Basically they are all similar. Tommy

·
Premium Member
460 Posts
Follow the REV300/400 install instructions on BOE's website. For the most part everything is the same when it comes to mounting to the block.

·
Premium Member
2,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Have you read the install notes on BOE’s site? Might help for removal.

Edit: My manual has a section on supercharger removal. Section EH, not sure what manual you have.
There are several versions of the workshop manual and apparently, the one I printed out does not have the supercharged Exige section.

Here is is if anyone else finds themselves short

Attachments

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
It's not hard at all.

Remove the IC

Remove the intake off the throttle body. Disconnect TB from car whatever that involves for your car.

Take the belt off then take off the SC snout mount which means disconnecting it from the engine and the alternator.

Remove the SC support bracket from the SC and throw it in a lake

Drop the SC down out of the way.

Remove the intake manifold. 5 bolts, only the bottom center one is really hard.

Done!

When you reinstall use loctite on the supercharger to intake connection.

Do you have a press to do the snout?

·
He's on fire!
3,194 Posts
I must be slow, I thought it was a pain in the ass (not difficult per se, time consuming)

1. The center bolt on the intake manifold is difficult to get to
2. Getting the supercharger correctly positioned when going back in took awhile to figure out
3. For some reason the clutch valve I find to be a pain in the ass, and by extension the support bracket that goes from it to the SC
4. tightening down the allen key screw in the nose bracket, frustrating

By the time I had it out I was more than happy to send it off to someone else to do the rest. With little documentation on the SC itself, didn't want to go through all that and put it back together to find out I screwed up maintenancing the supercharger.

It's not hard at all.

Remove the IC

Remove the intake off the throttle body. Disconnect TB from car whatever that involves for your car.

Take the belt off then take off the SC snout mount which means disconnecting it from the engine and the alternator.

Remove the SC support bracket from the SC and throw it in a lake

Drop the SC down out of the way.

Remove the intake manifold. 5 bolts, only the bottom center one is really hard.

Done!

When you reinstall use loctite on the supercharger to intake connection.

Do you have a press to do the snout?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts