The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With no disrespect to the sticky thread in this forum, it is very outdated.

I'm considering supercharging my Elise. I know there are many options available and I'm wondering what an expected overall cost would be to upgrade.

I know that beside the supercharger I'd also have to factor in upgrading the clutch and installation costs.

For a system that would give me between 260-300 HP how much can I expect to pay total for the supercharger, clutch and installation costs?
I am currently only using it for spirited back/country side driving, but could one day be convinced to start tracking the car.

I know I could save by installing myself but I've never taken on such a project and I have little time to spend to take it on.

Could anyone give me an estimate with some recommendations on options?

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
I would definitely add some catch cans as the oil blow by on a SC system is more than the NA engine.

If you want to track your car I would upgrade the oil pan and think about a fuel starvation solution.

I use the Radium catch cans and surge tank because I like them. Boe has similar products and both them and Sector sells a oil pan.

I believe changing a clutch is around $1500 but thats just who I know. I would upgrade the toe links why they have it apart

·
Premium Member
2,637 Posts
If you stated which major city is nearby, we could give you someone to contact for a quote.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts