The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Closer than you think
2,222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have experience installing an M45 Eaton supercharger on my old '91 Miata and at certain power/PSI points it would be necessary to add new injectors, fuel pumps, ECU upgrades, and eventually intercooling and finally a new clutch. After you went much past 9 PSI and 175 hp, for instance, you were in for a big jump in expenses.

My question is this: Where are the basic price points for F.I. upgrades on a 2005 Elise? For instance something like this:

$4k buys you A, B, C, for 215 hp @ (x) PSI
$6K buys you A, B, C, D, and E for 240 hp @ (x) PSI
$8K buys you A, B, C, D, E, and F for 260+ hp @ (x) PSI

(I'm sure these numbers are nowhere close to accurate, I'm just giving an example) I'd also be interested to know where increases in PSI/HP make for serious reliability and maintenance considerations. Thanks, Todd

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
These numbers exist. I think you can search the Forced Induction forum easily.

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
lol, it's the sticky at the top of this sub-forum.

As for reliability and maintenance, it seems to me stock Lotus have just as many problems as the modified ones. I've been running 292rwhp since last November with no issues what so ever. That is including 9 track weekends as well with track temps being up to 104 degrees.

·
Closer than you think
2,222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Never thought to look for a "sticky". Sorry...but thanks.

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
np

It's a bit biased, but numbers are close enough considering numerous different dynos were used around the country at different altitudes and temperatures.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts