The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was a FFR GTM fan ( I had the Donor and Gearbox) until my wife informed me of our 4th child on the way :panic: So I needed to scale back the dollar amount to something else.

All said, if had the "big" budget I would buy the Superlite Coupe.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
one question...is it street legal? esp. in Cali?
Yep, it is like any other kit car. Even legal in California. RCR's goal is to make everyone of their cars legal in all 50 states. :up:

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
As of last week RCR has sold 16 rollers.

Superlite Coupe

Rolling Kit for $43,995

Needs engine and trans

Aluminum radiator
Twin electric fans
Stainless steel cooling tubes
Stainless steel and braided brake lines
Triple pedals in stainless steel with master cylinders and brake bias adjuster
Collapsible steering column
Quick release steering wheel
Cable shifter
Custom fiberglass seats
Digidash pro dash
20 circuit colour coded wiring harness
15 gallon fuel tank mid mounted behind seat per Le Mans spec
Functional roof scoop feed cabin with aircraft style vents
DOT windscreen
Hinged rear glass for engine access
Chassis mounted adjustable rear wing
Pushrod rear suspension
Engine bay will accept any longitudinal engine trans package
Production car style dash
AC system
Gelcoat finish body with Stainless steel alignment pins
4 inches ground clearance with removable side skirts and front spoiler for track package
Rear diffuser included

1400 LBS as a roller less engine and Trans, etc

All of the above is included the deluxe package

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
1400 LBS as rolling kit less drivetrain. 2200 + - LBS for complete car.

LS7-Ford GT Ricardo gearbox is very popular. The large Engine bay was designed to fit any V8 engine.

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
i dont think its ugly

but can the kit take japanese 4 or 6 cylinder engines with forced induction?

price isnt bad either, but where would you go to finish assembly with eng and trans?

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i dont think its ugly

but can the kit take japanese 4 or 6 cylinder engines with forced induction?

price isnt bad either, but where would you go to finish assembly with eng and trans?
It was designed for all engine flavors, 4-6-8-12 cylinders.

Finish and assembly can be done a recommended company in your neighborhood.

So far 16 rolling kits have been sold!!

·
Registered
732 Posts
The SLC is an intriguing vehicle but there is one major issue with it, to date there are no running cars that we know of (despite Fran's claim that 16 kits have been sold) and no hard performance feedback on the chassis. That is not to say that the cars will not be fantastic, its just that there is no information on them and that made us jittery when we looked into these. We had planned on turning at least 2 of these cars into our track toys. We are keeping an eye on Mr. Hall's company and hope for great things but refuse to move on something that has not been proven. If you look closely at the motor bay you will notice the engine is not linked to the drive wheels, which made us question the abilities of the package as it stands (our information is from 3 months ago). It is unlikely that you have built a proper sports/supercar that has never moved itself under it's own power to be analyzed. It would be nice if RCR has created the next "Noble" but we don't wanna be the test subjects stuck with the cars that show the troubles to the factory so they can upgrade. That being said, RCR does seem to have the in house know how to accomplish an excelent perfoming product from their experiences at building some of the best (according to owners) GT40s and P-917s in the market.

You will find them here:

http://www.race-car-replicas.com/

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
All True LF.

Kinda reminds me of the FFR GTM car. 10-20 people purchased GTMs without any real performance data. Most people went off the FFR Racing reputation. I would suspect others are doing the same with RCR.

BTW LF are you planning on building a car?

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Reminds me of a Bradley GT Kit car some dude in my High School had. Although granted it's somewhat better looking.

·
Registered
732 Posts
All True LF.

Kinda reminds me of the FFR GTM car. 10-20 people purchased GTMs without any real performance data. Most people went of the FFR Racing reputation. I would suspect others are doing the same with RCR.

BTW LF are you planning on building a car?
No we would have them constructed, Greg Robb and Tom Bose (Strong Performance and Beck motorsports IRL crewchiefs) here in Indy built our 2 Noble M400s and did a fantastic job. They oversee care and maint. on our cars and would be responsible for the SLC(s) completion. We are lucky being in Indpls. we have access to several of the top engineers and race team members because of the Motor Speedway so these kind of projects don't scare us but we still don't wanna be the ones seeking out the major flaws ahead of the factory.

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
why wouldnt the factory complete and anaylze at least one test mule.

That makes no sense. :shrug:

·
Registered
537 Posts
I like it! I think it's cool. How's the handling?

1 - 20 of 41 Posts