The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
796 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am getting a little creative with the title of this post...

actually, I have been quite gentle securing the holder it in that little thing. i can't believe it broke. now its all flopping around in the trunk.

what options are there, and would upgrading to a different type of holder be a good idea at this time?

·
Registered
593 Posts
I don't have my holder either. What is worse even was when I showed the car to a friend of my wife's yesterday and had the trunk open and he thought it was a some sort of automatic self collapsing mechanism and started to force the trunk down bending my support arm all to ****.

·
Registered
572 Posts
I broke mine over a year ago and finally got tired of the rod hanging down into the trunk. I bent some wire are hooked it around the plastic stub the remained from the original clip. Works great but looks cheap. I will paint it black to help it blend in. Its a quick and easy solution.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
170 Posts
Sector 111 lidbone. I added nylon washers from day one to help keep it rattle free, polished it, and IIRC, relieved a little of the aluminum to allow for motor tilt. Takes only one hand to open, and I can close with one hand and my face or other elbow. :)

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
I gotta think a 2 min trip to home depot, and some Mcguyver engineering could yeild a decent looking solution

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
A piece of Velcro tape works great. I cut 1.5" inch piece and wrapped it widthwise around the end of the stalk. Of course I used the hook piece of the Velcro tape. Has never come loose in 3 years.

·
Registered
211 Posts
I use this same method and it works fine.

Krug
A piece of Velcro tape works great. I cut 1.5" inch piece and wrapped it widthwise around the end of the stalk. Of course I used the hook piece of the Velcro tape. Has never come loose in 3 years.

·
Registered
7,116 Posts
i might do that.. mine broke a while back

·
Registered
796 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
FIL - great suggestion. we have extra laying around here. i'll do that.

jim - did you photoshop off the lotus emblem on the hood of the top pic -- at your link? the bottom pic had it, but not the top.

·
Registered
2,930 Posts
FIL - great suggestion. we have extra laying around here. i'll do that.

jim - did you photoshop off the lotus emblem on the hood of the top pic -- at your link? the bottom pic had it, but not the top.
The top photo is after I repainted the clam. Filled-in the seam and whacked off the licence plate holder thingy.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts