The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Before you dismiss it out of hand due to the word "Rally" in the title bear with me a minute. This event runs on a tarmac oval track and uses a 75% paved course with only 25% smooth dirt, grass to be exact. Two cars on track at once but not door to door as they start half a lap apart. The hot setup seems to be a track or autocross car with slicks or R compounds unless it is raining. A048s would be perfect. I don't yet have a Lotus myself but am working towards getting one and running it at these events but there is plenty of precedent for such.

More details can be found at the web page

If nothing else, why not come out and watch to get an idea if this is for you.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
1 week to go till round 2 of the Michigan version of the X-Games. 10 entries so far so we are half way to capacity.

Winner gets a pound of Drakes Fine Coffee and the series winner gets an Odyssey battery and hold down from Thompson Racing Fabrications as well as bragging rights as the first ever SuperRally-X World Champion (unofficial of course).

More info here: SuperRally-X

Registration here: http://www.myautoevents.com/pls/mae/frmEve...sevent_id=10471

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
EVENT #2 IS TOMORROW!

11 preregistered and the weather looks like it's going to cooperate. Just a slight chance of showers in the morning but by the time we get going it should be windy, 90F and drying nicely. The new dirt section seems to drain well so we are not anticipating any issues with it.

Don't forget you need to be wearing long pants and sleeves, closed toe shoes, gloves, helmet and neck collar ($35 on site if you still need one) while in the car. Passengers are allowed with the same safety gear on.

If you know anyone else who wants to participate we can accept entries on the day of course or just come out to help or watch. Where is everyone this weekend?

SuperRally-X event #2

See you all there.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts