The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First thing first, I already have a RADIUM Cold Air Intake.

Saturday, I had my Supersprint (racing edition not sport edition muffler) muffler installed to replace my Stage I (not lotus sport stage II) muffler.

1. It's a direct replacement to the oem muffler and mount directly to the stock cat.
2. It sure does look better quality.
3. It weighs a **** ton less than the oem one.
4. The sound is definitely better, but still not enough to my taste.
5. There is a slight performance increase, bot not monumental.

So for a much more noticeable sound increase, I'm really going to have to replace those headers, down pipe and cat. Clearly, this is where the horsepower gains are as well. The RADIUM CAI really is the mod with the biggest sound increase. The muffler helps on the low end, but still isnt enough

P.s. I havent driven the car but all of 30 miles right after and then parked it. It still needs driving time for a better evaluation and ecu relearn, right?

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
P.s. I had it installed at Midas for $125. It took like an hour and a half. Significantly cheaper than the dealer, obviously.

·
Premium Member
1,042 Posts
Can you please post some pics and a video clip so I can hear it. I have the complete system minus the muffler replaced with the lotus sport exhaust and it sounds amazing. I always wondered how their muffler sounds like. Have you removed the post cat? If you want better sound you need to remove that as well. There are 3 places make that decat pipe. 2bular,Larini,Spuersprint. The price on almost all of them is almost the same.

·
Premium Member
1,042 Posts
Nice video, where did you guy drive from to get there. I absolutely love turkey, some great memories from old days

·
Premium Member
3,426 Posts
The Evora is just an amazing car. If it had more power from the factory and a blown version with even more, there would be such a bigger demand...

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
It nice, kind of takes away from the radium intake now because now there is noise throughout the power band, but its all good in the end.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts