The Lotus Cars Community banner

21 - 40 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Yes, I can make them. I cannot modify the files he provided because they are printer files, not CAD files. Kind of like a PDF, read only. I could reverse engineer them to make them wider if need be. Who would be interested?
Not sure who would be interested but I’m in. I wouldn’t want a 2 piece design tho. I’d want one piece for each side. As wide and as tall as could possibly fit in there. Not sure if you have exige at home to get measurements off of.

·
Registered
2007 Lotus Exige S
215 Posts
Yes, I can make them. I cannot modify the files he provided because they are printer files, not CAD files. Kind of like a PDF, read only. I could reverse engineer them to make them wider if need be. Who would be interested?
My interest has been piqued. Assuming this is being sized to fit in the stock side scoops.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
First black gel coat on. Makes it a lot easier to see low spots for the final fill ins once it cures. Few more sands and a nice coat of paint and I think it’ll work out well...

total cost - $68.19 and since I have all materials the left side won’t cost anything but my time. Couldn’t justify spending $400+ on “on the market “ Air scoops.

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
I really like the way that came out! How do you plan to attach it? Keep feeding us pictures as your project progresses. :love: 👍

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Not sure who would be interested but I’m in. I wouldn’t want a 2 piece design tho. I’d want one piece for each side. As wide and as tall as could possibly fit in there. Not sure if you have exige at home to get measurements off of.
Unfortunately I do not have an Exige. Maybe someday once I sell my Silver Elise which I am prepping for sale in the Spring. My original search was for an Exige but I found my Orange Elise and just had to go for it.

·
Premium Member
382 Posts
I bought something similar from a member here a few years ago

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
76 Posts
Looks nice, but I would indeed go as wide and tall as possible. Do replace (or remove) the side scoop mesh with less obstructive material. It seems that many or most overlook this. In my real-world driving tests, I measured airflow through some prototype ducts with and without the OEM mesh up to 100 MPH. The airflow was reduced by 60% merely from the mesh alone!

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
I really like the way that came out! How do you plan to attach it? Keep feeding us pictures as your project progresses. :love: 👍
I will be installing nutserts into the panel on the car. Drill 2 holes. Epoxy in nutsets. Then use small bolt and washer to secure to car.

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
I wish I had an Exige to model this on, even just a few hours. Does anyone want to participate that lives near 32940 (Melbourne, FL) zip code?

·
Premium Member
1,611 Posts
I would be interested Fred.

·
Premium Member
1,611 Posts
I wish I had an Exige to model this on, even just a few hours. Does anyone want to participate that lives near 32940 (Melbourne, FL) zip code?
Unfortunately I’m in NJ, but I can take some measurements of my Exige if you need me to.

·
Premium Member
1,611 Posts
Wish I would of known that. Mattjk was printing me these before he passed away. There is a file already online. If you want to print them I’ll take a set. Matt was modifying the design for me to fit with 62mm at the outlet on right side and was designing me a 2 outlet on the left side. One at 3.95 and one at 62mm with the 3.95 on top. Link is below.

Wait, Matt passed away? Wasn’t he the one selling those magnetic battery tenders hooked to the license plate lights?

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Wait, Matt passed away? Wasn’t he the one selling those magnetic battery tenders hooked to the license plate lights?
Yes, he had a number of projects going on. Very sad and he will be missed.

·
Administrator
3,276 Posts
Yes it was announced in his mag battery tender post

21 - 40 of 48 Posts