The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to know of other suprises in performance. I had a chance to tacke my car up hwy 74 from Palm Desert to vista point with a Porsche twin turbo owner and really pushed ot for the first time. I kept the revs above 6000 rpm , I'm not sure what gear I was in I was just holding on for dear life. I was pushing 80 to 90 in every corner and accelerating all the time. My pasenger was a tall 250 lb guy and he was very impressed. I've been a lotus owner before but the grip and acceleration this car has will keep you up all night long reliving the experience. This car is deffinatly worth the money. The car never felt loose and upon lift off in at the entrance to one corner the back felt light but never hinted at breaking loose. I need a track day.

·
Banned
338 Posts
Sounds fantastic...I can't wait

to get my Elise. Do you have the LSS sport pack or the standard car??
Cheers

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
>but the grip and acceleration this car has will keep you up all night long reliving the experience

Yes! True!

I remember being a kid and trying to sleep after riding rollercoasters all day at Kennywood park in Pittsburgh. You know the feeling - you're trying to doze off but instead you find yourself reliving the dips and turns? Like your brain wants to keep alive all the motion it was subjected to earlier in the day??

Well... after a recent two hour drive through the twists and dips of highway 84 here in CA ... when I konked out that night it was like I was a kid again. Laying there I felt like I was flying through the turns, rocketing down the straights smashing the breaks to shed 40mph before pulling through the turn. Elise = roller coaster.

I've had an old vette and an older Supra but this is the newest/fastest/best handling sports car I've owned/driven so far. I can only imagine what it must be like to rocket around in something even faster (Esprit, F-car, etc). I knew I'd be getting a faster drive and better handling that my former 'fun cars' but I was SHOCKED when I actualy got it. I had no idea... like a world of driving bliss existed that I never knew before.

Hmm. This is sounding sappy ... maybe I've had too much wine tonight. Better stop typing ... 'L8er.
-doma

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
driven said:
I've been a lotus owner before but the grip and acceleration this car has will keep you up all night long reliving the experience. I need a track day.

:clap: "He GETS IT!"
:D
m

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've got the touring pack only. I drove the sport pack before I got mine and it was way too stiff for a 50 year old guy.

·
Banned
6,941 Posts
The next time for large friend copilots...yank out the passenger side dead pedal. It's just velcroed in place! That'll give him a few more inches of room for his feet.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts