The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've started to notice what sounds like a small can of loose change making sounds coming from the suspension. It is not very audible and I only notice it when I have my radio off and when I go over small bumps. I only seems to be making noise over small bumps and not all the time. Perhaps I'm going crazy :shrug: but I'd swear this change like rattle is a new sound.

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,685 Posts
TADTS:UK:

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm positive it's not change. I am hearing it more now. It is a metallic chain jingle sound that has sort of a higher pitch, coming from all the wheels I think....

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
389 Posts
Check that you Larini exhaust hasn't started to go on you. The marbles formed when the packing breaks down produces a rattle at idle sometimes or when you go "bump".

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm not 100% sure I have a Larani exhaust. When I did my first oil change I photographed the exhaust and asked peeps on the virgin oil change thread what exhaust I actually have. I'm thinking it's stock... :(

I still hear the loose change jingling over small bumps coming from the wheels. I'm starting to worry as I don't know where to start looking. I don't have jack stands yet to take the wheels off and really do a thorough look... Though I admit I'm not sure what I'd be looking for since I'm a noob.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

1 - 9 of 9 Posts