The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone find that diagram that had all the suspension tq numbers on it? I have control arms but want to go thru car before Watkins Glen!

·
Premium Member
1,143 Posts
service manual has spec's, but no diagrams? do you have manual, if not I can send you one.
I have the "Service Notes, Evora" dated June 2011.
Is this the latest version that you have ?

Is this really all that's available as a "Factory Manual" for the Evora ??
The Porsche Factory "Service" Manuals cookbook guide one through the service, dis-assembly, and re-assembly of EVERY component of the car, WITH full specifications AND Photos.

·
Premium Member
7,540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I remember seeing a diagram with specs written on it. Just wanted to be able to retorque control arms, coilovers, etc. Peace of mind

·
Premium Member
1,143 Posts
that's all that I know is out there, yes agreed very vauge service manual!
The Dealerships must have something better.
I can not imagine doing a major dis-assembly and re-assembly using only the instructions in the Evora Service Notes, and I'm pretty mechanical, building all my own race engines for years.

·
Premium Member
7,540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Still searching for this stuff!

·
Illegal Alien
5,306 Posts
I have the "Service Notes, Evora" dated June 2011.
Is this the latest version that you have ?

Is this really all that's available as a "Factory Manual" for the Evora ??
The Porsche Factory "Service" Manuals cookbook guide one through the service, dis-assembly, and re-assembly of EVERY component of the car, WITH full specifications AND Photos.
I have the following documents:

Evora Service Notes B132T0327D-12-7 dated 3 July 2012
Evora Service Parts List A132T0325J dated 1 May 2013
2GR-FE Evora Engine Repair Manual

Yes, these manual's are piss poor, I find needing to cross reference between Service Notes and parts List to figure out what/if something or quantity exists and the wiring diagrams are almost worthless

·
Premium Member
7,540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
As a sticky eventually, let's try to compile the critical tq numbers for front, rear suspension then add other key items over time. With Elise at least 2x/season. I'd just put a tq wrench to everything to make sure no surprises occurred.

·
Illegal Alien
5,306 Posts
As a sticky eventually, let's try to compile the critical tq numbers for front, rear suspension then add other key items over time. With Elise at least 2x/season. I'd just put a tq wrench to everything to make sure no surprises occurred.
Fully agree, I am a sticker to measured torqueing of suspension and bolt replacement on overhaul/mods. I figure my life is supported by link of rubber, wheel, and suspension arm bolts; any weak link in there can invoke an life insurance policy.

·
Premium Member
1,143 Posts
Fully agree, I am a sticker to measured torqueing of suspension and bolt replacement on overhaul/mods. I figure my life is supported by link of rubber, wheel, and suspension arm bolts; any weak link in there can invoke an life insurance policy.
Every suspension nut and bolt gets a wrench check before every race weekend on my Bobsy. Occasionally, I find one that is slightly loose. If the same one is loose more than once, it is probably the beginning of a failure, and gets replaced.

·
Premium Member
7,540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Which makes complete esp since you're running slicks and in full race attack mode. VSA guys never saw anything budge till they went to slicks........ then the issues began. Thus the reason R888's are good enough for my level of fun and the twice/yr approach for ~12 days total usually.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts