The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I opened the garage recently and thought, "the driver's side is lower than the passenger side." I measured, and yup, by about a half inch. I've only had the car about 3 months and am learning things about the car every day. :wallbang:

My guess is that after 20,000 miles and 7 years of carrying 10% of the GVW on one side is just showing through. No big deal, :tadts:, right?

I'm going to install the DSbrace soon, and wanted make sure there was not a fix that I should know about since I'll do an alignment anyway.
-you know, a fix other than the "opportunity" to upgrade the springs and shocks!

·
Registered
287 Posts
My 2006 was the same way when I bought it at 10,000 miles. Nothing is worn out, the chassis just favors the left side. When I finally by some new coilovers that have adjustable spring seats, I'll square it up. BTW, most production cars favor one side or another and manufacturers actually have a max tolerance for side to side ride height that is quite liberal. No worries.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I have a set of LSS shocks/springs with around 1200 miles on them I am looking to sell for $325 shipped. PM me if you are interested.

Robert

·
Registered
7,116 Posts
just a note to clarify, the LSS are not adjustable perches / ride height. but if your stocks are in need of replacement, not a bad standard factory option to go with!

no fix - since base and LSS are non adjustable... track packs are. as well as after market options. if you are not seriously tracking your car... stock or LSS are fine, IMO.

·
Registered
297 Posts
LSS are crap in my opinion, took them off after a couple of thousand milles

Didn't like them at all, now have Quantum zeros, like chalk and cheese.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Can't you just swap the shocks? At 40k mi, you should be leveled back out.
I hate to admit that I was actually thinking the same thing!

I'll look at it closer when I de-clam it again this month. But I am triaging the repairs: fix the real problems before the things that would be kind of nice to have.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts