The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,664 Posts
At least one country is doing the right thing :D

I'd be happier to see housewives banned from driving anything in the US though.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
I'm not a big SUV fan, but this seems a bit ridiculous to me.

1) What is defined as an SUV anymore? The line has been blurred so much anymore it is hard to differentiate between car and SUV anymore.

2) The arguement that SUVs take up to much space isn't completely true. My '00 Cougar, at 185 in, is the same length or longer than many SUVs and only a few inches narrower. My Mark VIII dwarfs most SUVs in length and is similar in width. Meanwhile my '68 Bronco is smaller than most cars in every dimension but height.

·
insert clever title here
7,702 Posts
sonza68 said:
1) What is defined as an SUV anymore? The line has been blurred so much anymore it is hard to differentiate between car and SUV anymore.
Good point. In my opinion, an SUV is anything built on a truck chassis (ladder frame, not unibody). Anything else is nothing more than a station wagon.

I've heard others define an SUV by the driving position - upright, high.

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
Little Bastard said:
Let's BAN Cocoons (mini-vans) too. On yeah, and housewives that drive anything. :D :D :D

Neil
They won't ban mini-vans, doesn't Peugeot make that F1 Maclaren engine 800hp 1-60 >3sec minivan?

Sometimes I wonder if it's mandatory for any french politician to think on his/her feet and no need to be consistent in their thoughts. Probably saves them paper and file cabinets.

·
Registered
4,253 Posts
Miguel said:
They won't ban mini-vans, doesn't Peugeot make that F1 Maclaren engine 800hp 1-60 >3sec minivan?

Sometimes I wonder if it's mandatory for any french politician to think on his/her feet and no need to be consistent in their thoughts. Probably saves them paper and file cabinets.
I meant ban mini-vans here in the US... :D
Oh, yeah and ban stupid teenagers driving while talking on the cell phone. Hell, they should ban everybody from driving while on the cell phone.

Neil

1 - 7 of 7 Posts