The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
IMHO... that is MUCH more about drunk drivers and has nothing to do with SUVs (though I agree it would have been more noticable in a smaller car like the Elise).

·
Registered
3,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
"Galdino's lawyer, Daniel Lopez, said neither his client nor a passenger in the car realized they had hit someone.

"A passenger who was with him told me he didn't know there was a body on the car until they got back to the house and the body fell off," Lopez said. "

...and of course, vehicle type had nothing at all to do with that. If he was sober enough to call the police, he definitely wasn't drunk enough not to realize that he had hit someone.

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
Understood.... but you have to admit that regardless of the type of vehicle (with less mass than a train)... normal people would have noticed that they hit someone? These guys could have done the same thing in a station wagon, minivan, truck, or large sedan IMO.

There is something much more wrong when you can hit someone and just keep driving. Anyone really think they didn't know they had hit someone?

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
That's just horse hockey, how could you not feel/hear hitting a body. What irkes me he might be covered under immunity as he is an embassy worker.

·
Registered
3,577 Posts
I can feel things like twigs in the road (even in my big V8 Explorer 4x4). This was a case of a drunk driver not wanting to stop and coming up with a story later.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts