The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this is a little off topic but I need some new tires for my suburban. This is used to tow our airstream and haul the kids around. Anyway, I figure many of you probably have some opinions on tires. I was thinking about getting the Yokohama geolanders AT. I figure if Yokohamas are good enough for the Elise, they should be ok for the suburban. I have a 2500 4X4. I also looked on the tiretrack website and the Bridgestone Dueler A/T Revos had a lot of good reviews. Any responses would be appreciated.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
I went from Goodyears to Michelins on an Explorer we used to have, what a difference. The Michelins were much more responsive and didn't seem to have as much side wall flex when cornering making the car feel more stable. And the Michelins were a lot more quite. More expensive but we got them at Sams Club which had a great price.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Tires are like wives. All of your friends have strong opinions about what's best for you, but you have to make the final decision and be happy with it on a daily basis. I use BFG All-terrains on my 4Runner. They are relatively quite, have relatively good traction on and off road, and I got 60k miles from my last set. And they look good! It's all opinion. . . go with what you like.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Never forget, every tire manufacturer makes at least some lousy tires. :)

Among car tires, I wouldn't be caught dead on Yokohama Paradas, but I've been happy with my Yokohama AVS ES100's.

As for their truck/SUV tires, I have no idea which ones are good or bad. But the Tire Rack is a pretty good resource. Don't forget to check the Tire Rack's own testing as well as the consumer comments.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts