The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 182 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Info probably not relevant anymore to folks who have posted, but since we had some stats that might be interesting to latecomers who haven't followed the SVAG thread or would like to see results summarized, here is my (probably flawed) guess at what the SVAG EliseTalk folks look like on the SVAG list. Corrections appreciated!

MattG .............. 1-10 ... 1/16/03
tintin ............. 1-10 ... 1/31/03
LarryB ............ 11-20 ... 2/xx/03
Netminder1 (Larry). 11-20 ... 4/xx/03
stuttgart ......... 11-20 ... 4/xx/03
cdubya ............ 11-20 ... 5/xx/03 floated down
John Stimson ...... 20-30 ... 6/19/03 floating down
TotallyGreen ...... 20-30 ... 9/xx/03 floated down
JonM3Coupe ........ 40-50 .. 10/0x/03 presumably floating down
suv_bait (John) ... 40-50 .. 10/10/03
afettere .......... 40-50
agent.5 ........... 40-50 .. 10/1x/03
lbonham (Larry) ... 50-60 .. 10/2x/03 hopefully floating down :)
solo2elise ........ 70-80 .. 11/08/03 presumably floating down
slacy (Steve) ..... 70-80 .. 11/25/03 presumably floating down
rolandchen ........ 90-100 . 12/20/03 presumably floating down

·
Registered
3,927 Posts
Larry- You could add Dan to the 1-10 list who has placed a order - guess that goes for most eveyone from stuttgart and above, not sure about Netminder1 (Larry). Gee, never is so small a grouping have I come across so many Larry's. :p

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Updated
Terminology
To attempt to avoid more confusion than I have already created, the following terms are being used. Thanks to folks who pointed out my terminology was ambiguous.

Floating up == Moving up the list to a sooner ordering position.
Sliding down == Moving down the list to a later ordering position.

MattG .............. 1-10 ... 1/16/03 magneticBlue/biscuit - ordered
tintin ............. 1-10 ... 1/31/03 yellow/blk . ordered
Dan ................ 1-10 ........... ??? - ordered
LarryB ............ 11-20 ... 2/xx/03 yellow/blk . ordered
Netminder1 (Larry). 11-20 ... 4/11/03 laserBlue/blk . ordered
Mr. Z06 ........... 11-20 ... 4/11/03 bordeauxRed/blk . ordered
stuttgart ......... 11-20 ... 4/19/03 ardentRed/blk - ordered
cdubya ............ 11-20 ... 5/xx/03 yellow/blk . ordered - floated up
John Stimson ...... 20-30 ... 6/19/03 sliding down (probably now around 40)
TotallyGreen ...... 20-30 ... 9/xx/03 floated up
apkom ............. 20-30 ... 9/xx/03
JonM3Coupe ........ 40-50 .. 10/08/03 presumably floating up
suv_bait (John) ... 40-50 .. 10/10/03
agent.5 ........... 40-50 .. 10/1x/03
afettere .......... 50-60 .. 10/15/03
lbonham (Larry) ... 50-60 .. 10/2x/03
sean .............. 50-60 .. 10/31/03
solo2elise ........ 70-80 .. 11/08/03 presumably floating up
slacy (Steve) ..... 70-80 .. 11/25/03 presumably floating up
rolandchen ........ 90-100 . 12/20/03 presumably floating up

·
Registered
14 Posts
ok - I checked my PO and have disappointing (at least for me) news. It looks like I ordered on 10/18 and am, if I can read my crappy handwritting, #51 and not in the 40's. That sucks.

Has anyone found schmoozing the dealer helps or should I just lay back and wait for the call?

·
Registered
143 Posts
Can we put another column in there thats "what your order says your delivery date will be."?

Mine is 12/04 - 1/05

When you say "floating down" do you mean moving up the list (to a sooner order & delivery date) or do you mean moving to a later order date because of lack of inventory?

Steve

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
slacy said:
Can we put another column in there thats "what your order says your delivery date will be."?
Mine is 12/04 - 1/05
Steve
Sure, but whereas the order date and the list positions are reasonably well known, the delivery date is still pretty much dealer speculation at this point and not too many folks have been posting these.

By the way did you actually get them to put a delivery date on a receipt, or was that their best guess at the time you made the deposit? They gave me a Sept maybe Oct guess, with plenty of caveats attached.

slacy said:
When you say "floating down" do you mean moving up the list (to a sooner order & delivery date) or do you mean moving to a later order date because of lack of inventory?
Steve
I meant the former, ie moving up the list to a lower # (which was why I said down and now realize that's definitely confusing) on the list and presumably/hopefully a sooner order and delivery date.

·
Registered
1,941 Posts
Awesome collation... BTW, my deposit date is 10-08-03...

·
Registered
11 Posts
Let's see....checking the paperwork, Mr. Z06 and I put our deposits at SVAG on 4/11/03. Last week he placed his order for a Bordeaux Red/Black.

Happy to help out whatever helps us pass the time.

BTW, I too am amazed at what Larrymobile the Elise has turned out to be in NorCal.

·
insert clever title here
7,702 Posts
Correction/clarification to the list: I've ordered Magnetic Blue/biscuit.

·
Registered
1,941 Posts
Anyone in the 0-20 spots want to call up SVAG, and ask for a comment on the "trickle in" rumour -- i.e., allocations from first delivery through august are now determined, and we're all looking at 3 cars per month during this time frame.

I'd ask them myself, but I worry that I am already at risk of being their number one PITA-slash-muckraker, and I don't want to be the guy who takes delivery of a 1/18 scale model because of "some unfortunate and irreversible miscommunication.... Good day, sir. We said, GOOD DAY!!"

Let's see here: First delivery in May -- three cars. Three more in June. Three more in July. Three more in August. Twelve cars total. At this point, production ramps up; deliveries increase to eight per month. Spots 13-20 get their cars in Sept; 21-28 in Oct; 29-36 in Nov; 37-44 in Dec ... Bueno: Just as soon as my car is ready, I can whisk it into the garage for three months of hibernation.

WAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

;)

·
Registered
3,927 Posts
OK, gave them a call and talked to one of the managers. For the first three months (June-August) there expecting on average 5 cars per month. So being customer car #10 may have mine in July or wrost case August. From a earlier call they shoud have the demo car late April or sometime in May. So it sound like there allocation is going to be a decent size. :D

·
Registered
1,941 Posts
Thanks for the recon, Larry. I extend my warmest kudos to all the SVAGers in this "regions" forum. The level of cooperation and sober information-sharing among us is fantastic.

·
Registered
143 Posts
LarryB said:
OK, gave them a call and talked to one of the managers. For the first three months (June-August) there expecting on average 5 cars per month. So being customer car #10 may have mine in July or wrost case August. From a earlier call they shoud have the demo car late April or sometime in May. So it sound like there allocation is going to be a decent size. :D
Did they give any hint about their yearly allocation? I'd previously heard 70-100 for the first 12 months, and being ~70, I'd like to know if thats still true...

Steve

·
Registered
3,927 Posts
Steve- Was paying more attention to the first three months. Pretty sure I heard 8 car per month after that. So that would put them at 87 for the first 12 months. Wouldn't be surprised when your turn comes you'd end up 55-60.

·
insert clever title here
7,702 Posts
I just received an update from SVAG. Their demo car will arrive in May. The first customer shipments will arrive in June.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Thanks for a info Matt. :)
I should be #15 so hopefully I will get my car in Aug/Sept if they receive 5 cars per month.

·
Registered
1,941 Posts
Well, I made my first actual visit to SVAG today. Just one lonely salesman (Harry) was there to babysit the gross abundance of supercars. Yikes, I was getting heart palpitations right on the lot. So I changed my mind, guys, I think I'll be taking one of those nice Ferraris. (Hey, at least THEY'RE already built!!!).

Anyhoo, if anyone hasn't made it out to SVAG yet, get yer tail out there, because they seem to have plenty of color charts to hand out. Call me nuts, but simply seeing the color swatches made me feel just that much closer to delivery day.

The color chart will also answer a lot of questions. I now know that the color choice is really down to four (ardent red, racing green, storm Ti, and a new contender, aubergine). They also have a Storm Ti Esprit, so you can get a very good understanding of how this color actually looks on a car. It by far -- BY FAR -- has the most metallic properties of all the colors. And, yes, nightfall blue is just about black. It's now off my list.

I pushed for delivery info, but Harry could neither confirm nor deny anything all of us don't already know or... well... "not know."

But the visit was well worth it...

1 - 20 of 182 Posts