The Lotus Cars Community banner
81 - 100 of 182 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Colinsmix said:
I ordered two cars on 11/10/03, one for me and one for a friend. When I ordered the cars I asked that the approximate delivery date be documented on my order receipt. They complied and listed 11/12/04 as the delivery date and told me that I was on the list in the mid 50's with my orders.

I think the 11/12/04 is seriously optomistic now. It appears that my delivery may not be until February or March but that's OK, I turn 40 in March and the Elise will be one h**l of a birthday present.
Either someone is lying to you or lying to me. I just spoke to my salesguy yesterday. He finally inform me that Im #62 and I made a deposit on 10/31/03.

·
Registered
299 Posts
seanpham said:
Either someone is lying to you or lying to me. I just spoke to my salesguy yesterday. He finally inform me that Im #62 and I made a deposit on 10/31/03.
They've never given me an exact number. Who's your sales guy? Maybe I should ask him where I am.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Delivery Estimate/Position

I just called Graham and inquired about where we're at. He replied "let me get you over to Dominic, he's taking care of all that."

Dominic - who says he's an "administrative assistant" checked the list and says I'm number 19 - which roughly coincides with the collation done here.

Also said that their allocation through September was for fourteen (14) cars - excluding the demo - and that I would be in my car most likely in October. Disavowed any knowledge of cars enroute or first arrival expectations. Indicated that Lotus gave those allocations a "long time ago" and that they have no new info.

Denied any deliveries outside the wait list for over MSRP, owners kids, buddies, etc.

Should be nice weather for pick-up in California but getting back to Washington in mid-fall definitely "rains on my parade...":(

·
Registered
3,927 Posts
That's in line with what Dom said a few months ago. I'm #11- Sept delivery. Tho when I talked to him earlier in the week did say the demo car was on the way, not knowing delivery date.

·
Registered
3,927 Posts
Checked on the part departments lists of goodies:

* exhaust systems (2-3) - they don't have much details but one maybe track only.

* Removable steering wheel - no air bag, track only.

* Fire extinguisher

* Seat belt pads

* Forged Wheel- not sure most likely from the sport pack

* Hardtop Storage Bag

* Car Covers- indoor, black, $346, all weather, silver $224- in stock.

* Shower cap- Black, $137

* Boot Tidy- think large zip lock bag mounts in trunk along engine firewall. $45

He hadn't gone through it yet but got a shipment in last weeks, clam shells and
the Lotus tech tools is part of it.

·
Registered
299 Posts
LarryB, Thanks for keeping us up to date!

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
Does anyone know where the extinguisher mounts?

·
Registered
3,927 Posts
Jon- more of a guess, from what I've seen it's typically mount in the passenger footwell. In the next few weeks he should have more details - for example asked about spec and cost for the exhaust systems. This is only the beginning, said there are alot more goodies in the pipeline.

·
Registered
143 Posts
LarryB said:
Jon- more of a guess, from what I've seen it's typically mount in the passenger footwell. In the next few weeks he should have more details - for example asked about spec and cost for the exhaust systems. This is only the beginning, said there are alot more goodies in the pipeline.
Note that this is from a right hand drive car, so thats the passenger seat you're looking at.

Steve

·
Registered
3,927 Posts
Starting to make a pest out of myself over at SVAG. ;) Demo and customer(s) car are due in this month, after checking with the GM don't know when. For other makes they typically only get 1-1.5 week advance notice. Don't know if it'll be much better with Lotus.

·
Registered
3,927 Posts
The parts manger had asked me to call back, so have a few more details:

* Stage I Exhaust 24 lbs 97db $550
* Stage II Exhaust 10lb lighter then stock 105db $695
Both are Cat back systems, no price with install, yet.

* Precut clear bra kit from Lotus $256, sounded like full front, keyhole and fuel filler . They still plan on having there local guys make up a kit.

* Alloy Sills (3pcs) $145

He's got a list of quite a few items that he can't really figure out yet. Lotus has yet to give them much details, no service manual. I'll give them 2- 3 weeks and try again.

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
LarryB said:

* Stage I Exhaust 24 lbs 97db $550
* Stage II Exhaust 10lb lighter then stock 105db $695
Both are Cat back systems, no price with install, yet.

Can anyone describe how loud 97db is? I'm assuming these are sound levels at WOT. Regardless, how much of noise leap is this over Elise running stock?

I have a Dinan exhaust on my M3. That's my current reference point.

·
Premium Member
29,081 Posts
97dB measured how far away???

If a car is 97dB at 25-50 feet, that car is extremely loud. I would worry about driving it in a neighborhood. So I assume it must be measured close to the muffler????

·
Registered
3,927 Posts
Tend to think he was reading off the specs Lotus gave him. Didn't ask for details. At those levels would expect it to be WOT and measured right off the tip. If you really want to know I'll ask.

Understand some States and even tracks have sound level limits. Anyone know what the range is or measurement method?

110db is the threshold of pain, 100db is in line with a jackhammer going off. It's going to be loud, wonder what the tone of the exhuast note will be like.

·
Premium Member
29,081 Posts
Thats the thing. Most tracks have some limit at a certain feet because that is more realistic to the noise level others hear.

Often you will see 93 or 95 dBa on tracks close in town. 101-105 on tracks out in the sticks.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
I phoned up SVAG on Friday. The demo car is due to arrive in July (no new information here). They also have the VIN numbers for the first four cars which are also due to arrive in July. I'm not sure if that was four customer cars or the demo plus three customer cars. I was told I'm number six. They expected the next four cars to go into production in July and arrive during August. So hopefully I'll be driving an Elise sometime in August :D as long as there are no more delays :(

·
Registered
120 Posts
I also called up SVAG on Friday. Turns out i'm #5 on the list instead of #7. :)

We also calculated that my car should be here August 1-15th or so (assuming no delays) I can only hope.

Great news i think.

Vince

·
Registered
9 Posts
I was at SVAG today to put down my deposit and get on the waiting list. I was pleasantly surprised when they estimated a delivery date of April '05. With 120+ people ahead of me I expected it would be much longer. Up until recently they said they had been estimating 18 months for those at the end of the list, but they said Lotus is ramping up another shift at the factory, so they will be able to catch up with the back log sooner.

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
That's a very interesting development. I am#40 and I figured I would get my car in April. So can we assume that SVAG is one of the larger, "preferred" dealers getting large allocations?

81 - 100 of 182 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.