The Lotus Cars Community banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
542 Posts
That's weird; assuming it's an APEM button (who would make knock-off buttons??) it should have the flat.. It shows it in the data sheet for both the flying-lead (which is what's in the Lotus stock) and the non-flying lead (which looks exactly like the one you have..) versions. I would imagine Elise-shop is just re-selling the APEM buttons.. Though if they were nice, for that $$$ they'd sell the wired one, with the correct green plug already on it.

In either case, the longer leads will be LED + and LED -, the shorter leads are the switch contacts. (the "key hole" should be LED "-", or blue) So black to one of the shorter ones, red and blue to the longer ones (shorting the blue to the shorter one that doesn't have the black on it). The switch will function, if the LED doesn't, rotate 180* and try again. :)

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Yes! Got it. Followed your directions and it looks good to go. I will try this on the rest of the switches to see if they work properly. Again Bob, thank you!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
All the lights are up an running. Pictures to follow! Then I need to swap the led for the icon beside the button to white! Phew... I'm sure that will be much easier... Riiiiiight.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Arch. Project Manager
1,090 Posts

·
Arch. Project Manager
1,090 Posts

·
Premium Member
542 Posts
There is a resistor built into the Lotus (somewhere), when I added another (thinking maybe they had used a 12v LED in the switch and I replaced it with a 2v) the LED didn't light. If they say to use a 600 ohm resistor, maybe they have a reason, but I don't see the need. I'm guessing that's if you're using the switch in a non-stock function (not just replacing the same type switch), in which case you'll definitely want a resistor on the LED.

Changing the other LEDs on the circuit boards is fairly easy.. :) Just remove the old, replace with new, replace the resistors if needed for the correct values.

·
Premium Member
542 Posts
PLCC2 (PLCC-2) LED, PLCC2 LED | eBay

Just be sure it only has 2 leads (the -2 means 2 leads, but of course the first eBay link there is an RGB LED with 4 leads... It's NOT a PLCC-2 LED..)

Now, the stock LED's are designed to be mounted upside-down - the LED face (where the light comes out) is mounted to the back side of the board, and shines through a hole in the circuit board. Normal LED's are the opposite. So you'll need to carefully bend the leads out / down, so that you can solder it in place of the original. I wasn't able to easily locate backwards-mountable PLCC2 LEDs.

Or, just mount the LED upside-down, and create a solder bridge between the leads and the pads, that works too..

21 - 31 of 31 Posts