The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm planning on adjusting the sway bar on my 2009 Exige 260 Sport for an upcoming autocross. I was wondering if anyone has recommendations for doing this. What setting are others using (I was thinking I'd try the middle setting)? Also, what tools are needed? Is there a torque spec I should be following? Any other advice?

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
2,637 Posts
You have to give us some info. Tires/aero/camber.

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
I'm planning on adjusting the sway bar on my 2009 Exige 260 Sport for an upcoming autocross. I was wondering if anyone has recommendations for doing this. What setting are others using (I was thinking I'd try the middle setting)? Also, what tools are needed? Is there a torque spec I should be following? Any other advice?

Thanks!
What were your initial settings? I have an adjustable front bar on my Sport and it was delivered with the bar in the middle setting. It also has nyloc nuts so the torque value isn't critical, i.e. enough to hold them tight to the bar.

General sway bar rules apply, yada yada. Autocross may be different given the lower speeds and greater weight transfer, but I have mine set to position four, i.e softer and that means more grip in the front and therefore more oversteer. However, even in high speed stuff I'm not getting very tail happy. I don't have much in the way of negative camber in the front. Shaving or replacing your steering arms probably is the way to go, especially for autocross to get the 2.5 degree, or more possibly, negative camber to get your tires working. This would make the sway bar adjustments more responsive, obviously.

Good Luck.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the info guys. The sway bar is currently set on softest. A local mechanic recommended I try stiffening it, particularly as this autocross venue is perfectly flat. With all the adjustments that can be made on the 260 Sport I almost don't know where to start. I was thinking of making a single adjustment each time and see how the car does. Do any other 260 Sport owners have recommendations for rebound/dampening/height/sway bar settings for autocross? My 260 Sport is pretty much stock and running the Dunlop Starspec tires.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts