The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,524 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
SweetDaddyD done did it again. (UPDATED pics)

Keith has done it again. We've all seen his great work; here's another example.
I wanted to add some blue accents to my AS Exige (if you're interested see:Your advice wanted...pimp my ride), so I asked if he could try to cut wheel centers and a front badge in blue/silver. He said it was doubtful, too much small detail in the ACBC, but he'd give it a shot on a front badge and maybe do something simpler (such as just "Exige") for the centers. He put a lot of time in on this project and eventually pulled it off by using a new blade and simply trying again, and again. He ran into more difficulty when the urethane resin formed microbubbles while curing, causing the edges of the graphics to look a tiny bit blurred. It's really not bad, but he did the whole project over again anyway. I don't know how many attempts he has put in altogether (lots). The results are perfect; note that he did manage to squeeze the logo down to wheel center size:

(Photo deleted, see below)

(That's the only halfway decent pic out of several; I'll borrow my wife's camera in a few days and try to get better ones. Especially the front badge, it's awesome). Thanks, Keith!

Totally forgot about getting some good pics; here they are at last.
Custom Mag Blue-silver center on SJ Leggero:
(The 'crinkly' looking edges are just artifacts from the flash, see second shot.)
PICT1236.jpg

The centers and front badge, uninstalled for now:
PICT1239.jpg

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
That looks sweet!!! Can't wait for a shot of the nose badge!!
Cheers,
Skottoman

·
Banned
7,592 Posts
Thank you for the kind words. Yes, the project was redone quite a few times and I am sorry about the overall amount of time it took to get the completed project to you. Even though (especially you consider time) I probably ended up in the red on these I appreciate your patience and all the experience gained on these.

·
shay2nak
25,068 Posts
haha nice!

·
Registered
2,524 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Looks good... Are these laid over the wheel caps or inlaid?
That shot is a mock-up; the badge is just sitting on top of a track wheel I have at the house. These will eventually go on the stock black LSS wheels.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Very nice. :clap:

·
Premium Member
4,550 Posts
now time for chrome orange !!!! keith can you do it?

·
Banned
7,592 Posts
Like this you mean? :)

Attachments

·
Registered
2,524 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Forgot to update the photos! Please see post #1 for new pics.

·
Banned
7,592 Posts
Thank you for the pics. Please let me know if you have any other good ones.

·
Registered
2017 Evora 400
5,638 Posts
I saw that thread title and thought: "great, whos pregnant now?" rotfl

1 - 13 of 13 Posts