The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what reviews or comments can you make on these tuned headers with all cats? Are they good for tracking? If purchased "used" what do you recommend the new buyer do to make them flow better?

·
Registered
836 Posts
Swindon exhaust manifolds / system was designed around a different sump, gearbox & silencer than the OE road car (no cats either) . Also the engine was a built NA race engine, not supercharged. From memory, they have slip joints, not flexi - which would suggest very secure engine mounts will be required. I'm sure they are a good design for their intended goal in a race car - the ones that a 'certain Lotus parts seller' look spookily similar....

Priority No.1 is do they even fit the road car Evora S ?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Swindon exhaust manifolds / system was designed around a different sump, gearbox & silencer than the OE road car (no cats either) . Also the engine was a built NA race engine, not supercharged. From memory, they have slip joints, not flexi - which would suggest very secure engine mounts will be required. I'm sure they are a good design for their intended goal in a race car - the ones that a 'certain Lotus parts seller' look spookily similar....

Priority No.1 is do they even fit the road car Evora S ?
So, now that I have already bought them, can anyone answer the question: Do the Swindon headers even fit the road car Evora S? Hmmm?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The seller informed me that they were only on a car for 10K miles and that they are in excellent condition to use "as is". I presume they will fit, but I'm not sure about that. What do you think?

·
Vendor
1,213 Posts
Do you have a picture of them?
If they are the same as the Simpson headers that were made for the larger Swindon/Cosworth engines the primary sizes are too large and will cause running/CEL issues.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Do you have a picture of them?
If they are the same as the Simpson headers that were made for the larger Swindon/Cosworth engines the primary sizes are too large and will cause running/CEL issues.

I have written Swindon Engines to inquire. These are the numbers on the headers (both of them): 105 080 010 03. They have no cat materials inside the larger diameter shells. They weigh 22lbs, weighing all 3 parts. I will post their reply IF and when I receive a reply. Thank you. I suspect the seller was correct, since they were only on a car for one year. Why he removed them has not be disclosed. If Cain-it is correct, and they look similar to another manufacturer, then they just might work fine. I will find out for sure in a couple of days when I attempt to bolt them on.

Now you've bought them, bolt 'em on & give it a try

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
View attachment 1258022
I have written Swindon Engines to inquire. These are the numbers on the headers (both of them): 105 080 010 03. They have no cat materials inside the larger diameter shells. They weigh 22lbs, weighing all 3 parts. I will post their reply IF and when I receive a reply. Thank you. I suspect the seller was correct, since they were only on a car for one year. Why he removed them has not be disclosed. If Cain-it is correct, and they look similar to another manufacturer, then they just might work fine. I will find out for sure in a couple of days when I attempt to bolt them on.
Flyntgr55 said:"I will find out for sure in a couple of days when I attempt to bolt them on."

·
* Acme Super Moderator * ** The Enforcer **
6,902 Posts
Just because they bolt on doesn't mean they will be problem-free. Research twice, purchase once.

San

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Swindon replied that the Swindon headers WILL fit properly on my 3.5 Evora S engine. Don't worry. Be happy.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts