The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would the carbon fixed Evora 430 seats sit any lower than the "Federal" seats? Can they be installed and not mess up the check engine light with the side air bag delete? There must be others who think about this. I think I want to just do the drivers so I still have easy access to the rear seat/stow area. Thanks

·
Premium Member
6,623 Posts
Are you referring to #5. My prediction is they all sit on the same seat rails

·
Registered
230 Posts
I would love to do this, I'm a sucker for great looking seats. I am very afraid to ask how much the 430 seats cost.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes #5. I have PM'd Kageorg11 regarding the conversion - he has gone silent or hasn't noticed his mail box.

·
Vendor
1,225 Posts
Those do use different mounting than your current seats.
The non airbag seats have different mounting than the airbag seats even. We were going to try out a set of lowering brackets from a UK supplier but found out the mounts are different for the airbag seats unfortuately.
Not sure of your build/size but fwiw they are not very comfortable for anyone taller or with a 32"+ waist, the same seats where in my V6 Cup and I immediately swapped them out for Tilletts because they were terrible to drive with for me.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I'm curious on pricing and what parts would be needed for the conversion. I would really like these seats in my car as it does see track use as well as street use.

·
Vendor
1,225 Posts
I'm curious on pricing and what parts would be needed for the conversion. I would really like these seats in my car as it does see track use as well as street use.
The seats are listed at 2300 gbp ea. Then the brackets and other various bits are about 200gbp per side

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Shucks. The currents seats do happen to be very comfortable. If I could lower them some that would be nice. Saving weight would be nice but this change may not make sense for me. I'd still like to do the front clip and fixings.

deroure.com sells all the oem parts if you have to have them (carbon 430 stuff).

·
Registered
131 Posts
I see the listed prices but does that include VAT that would no longer be applicable? What about shipping and customs taxes to get them to the states from the UK. Sounds like someone on the forum has actually done this so it would be nice to know what the all in USD cost ended up being. The seats are actually less expensive than I was expecting which makes this pretty appealing.

·
Premium Member
2,280 Posts
You could reach out to HKFEVER and see if he would make cf 430 replica seats if there was enough interest. He's made seats before (although you may still need to come up with brackets).

I've bought quite a bit of cf from him and he's been great to deal with. He can price with shipping to your door (which usually comes in less than a week from shipping date).
And, I have never had an added fee due to shipping.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Yes #5. I have PM'd Kageorg11 regarding the conversion - he has gone silent or hasn't noticed his mail box.
Hi guys,

@Slobdog You need different OEM brackets for the CF buckets, I just added them and having some additional mods and they are not cheap, all in from DeRoure.com, shipping costs, taxes, 4 mo’s of waiting = $7500.00, more pics of interior coming, will post on Instagram first @Kageorg11.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts