The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just came off the truck!! All the pictures that I have seen so far DO NOT do this car justice! :bow: The interior of this beautiful! Pictures will be posted tomorrow. If anyone is interested, please pM me. :clap:

·
Registered
247 Posts
Dan... I'm bringing my Elise into the shop tomorrow to have a rattle in my window fixed. Will the car be on the lot so I can take a look at it?

·
Banned
7,592 Posts
I've only seen a red one. On the yellow one is the front grill silver and the rest yellow? Is the whole dash still white?

·
Registered
992 Posts
It should be there when you come in. :clap:
it's a holiday (i just realized) so i got all day free, may take a lookieloo as well! means i have all day to testdrive a new exige .... :shift:

·
Registered
247 Posts
Got a chance to take a look at this car when I was at Criswell this morning. (Nice seeing you Dan). Some quick, random thoughts on the California Edition...

INTERIOR: Although I didn't think I would like it, I found the interior to be quite stunning up close. The quality of the work is really top notch, especially on the dash and headliner. I also like the way Lotus put special guards on the door sills since they must of realized how that cream leather was going to get dirty quickly. Still, that is going to be a very difficult interior to keep clean over the life of the car. By the way, the center console is very nice and has a beautiful pocket on the passenger side with a tasteful metallic latch to buckle it. Very cool. Would love to have that on my for my cell phone! (Dan, can you post a picture of that pocket latch for everyone if you have a chance. I have never seen it posted anywhere else.)

EXTERIOR: I wasn't really terribly impressed with the exterior. The silver grills look very cheap and cheesy, especially on a yellow car. It makes for a nasty contrast. Bad move by Lotus there. And I still can't get used to that new wing either. Also, the combination of the yellow paint with the magnolia interior just doesn't work for me. I bet it looks much better in red. And the entire interior would look even nicer if matched with a deeper color car, like black, persian blue, or british racing green.

One another note about new colors... Dan was showing me the new 2008 color card while I was there and I can't wait to see a Lotus in that new Prism Green color. That could be a very, very cool color out in the sun. It was a tiny color card, but when I moved it in the sunlight, Prism Green seemed to changed colors in a radical way. (Dan, order one so we can come see it! And get a candy red car too! Really want to see that one up close even though I have a feeling it will be too pink-ish for my taste.)

·
Registered
410 Posts
Wow, a full carpet set. Cushy. I can't see any exposed aluminum. Even the passenger-side footrest looks carpeted. The storage tray and HVAC control surround are colored to match the seats and dash. Are they covered in material or anodized/painted? Nice storage pocket on the console. Lose that buckle, though.

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
looks like a JC Whitney experiment gone bad. not to mention, yellow with that color interior!? lotus needs to fire whoever is coming up with this stuff. it's not even a matter of personal taste anymore, that car violates every common sense design law in the book.

with that said, good luck with the sale! :D

·
Registered
11,221 Posts
The interior is awesome. The only thing I'd be concerned about is the painted plastic vents, but those can easily be swapped anyhow if necessary!

BTW - Any word on special driving light kits for these models? Obviously the center grille is painted. Will there be special kits for Californias?

·
Registered
712 Posts
You really do need to see it in person.
It looks alot better.
I am sure it looks good better if see in person, because after all it is an Elise.

Those painted grills look horrible..
..and what's the Kalif prefix all about?! Is that makes it ok for an additional marked up over msrp?:no:

Inside looks good though.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts