The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Supporting Vendor
4,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I received a call from Mike, Symbolic LaJolla. He asked me for my order. So I promptly replied: CO, Sport, Touring & Hardtop. :D

My deposit was placed with Symbolic Bev Hills in Jan03. It looks like they have consolidated the Beverly Hills list and the LaJolla list. Mike said they will be opening another store in LA - especially one that will be service friendly for all the Elises they are selling.

So the the next waiting phase begins....:)

·
Forum Founder
29,083 Posts
He called me also tonight.. I am a little unsure since Ed had talked to me for the first 10...but at least it is confirmed now that I get one of the first 20.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Hey, that's good news! (I think)

Now if the second 20 are ordered next month, that would be roughly in keeping with Symbolic's own stated 'estimated allocation' of 100 cars each for BH/La Jolla per year. Also in keeping with Nick's estimate for delivery of Sept/Oct for me (high 30s, BH)

Perhaps all the anxiety expressed on the topic (here and elsewhere) was misplaced

Time will tell

Now only if we knew the new BH location...

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
shinoo said:
I received a call from Mike, Symbolic LaJolla. He asked me for my order. So I promptly replied: CO, Sport, Touring & Hardtop. :D

My deposit was placed with Symbolic Bev Hills in Jan03. It looks like they have consolidated the Beverly Hills list and the LaJolla list. Mike said they will be opening another store in LA - especially one that will be service friendly for all the Elises they are selling.

Shinoo,

Nice choice, your gonna have one awesome looking car. It's nice to finally see all the dealers including Symbolic move along with the orders. I heard Lotus Car USA wants the second batch orders in very soon.

Best Wishes,
Mitch

·
Registered
163 Posts
The cross town boys over at Silver Star in Thousand Oaks are taking the next round of orders now too! Placed mine earlier today! #15

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
shinoo said:

Great!!!

You and I placed our orders at BH at approximately the same time, I believe (my receipt is dated Jan 14, 2003).

Where's my phone call?? Ahhhhhhh. Deep breaths, trying to remain calm.

Ok, can't wait until Monday morning to give Mike a call. Yellow, touring, hard top.

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
I dont know. My salesperson seems to think that it will go under the "lifestyle paint" cost, as some colors also considered "lifestyle" but are currently not listed in the color chart (i.e. Laser) can still be ordered.

·
Registered
113 Posts
As one listed as #31 at Symbolic, its very very nice to hear that the system is working! Should be just in time to enjoy those break-in miles as summer time roadtrips. there are some excellent backcounty roads (read twisties) that can be done at low rpms. I'll post some routes as the time nears....

and now a new twist? what color may I ask is lightning?

·
Registered
6,301 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
could be the lighting, etc....

here is another pic that on my monitor at least looks closer....

Attachments

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
At the LA Auto Show, I was told by a rep from Lotus Cars that I could order any color they were still using. When I asked about Lightning, he said that it shouldnt be a problem.

So I asked my salesman to push for lightning, and if it was impossible, that I'd unhapily accept Saffron.

·
Registered
113 Posts
nice choice.

now I understand why Lazer Blue was easy to add. Per the Lotus reps, they didn't add it to the US colors because they were tired of it....My reply was that every color was new for the US.

sure would be easier to be colorblind!!!

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
Does anyone know what colors are offered in the UK currently? (ie might be available for special order)

In Australia the following are colors not offered here but available there as per website:

silva mica (metallic)
blue mica (metallic)
lightening yellow (pearl)
atlantic blue (metallic)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts