The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
985 Posts
Phew, that was close!!

I was about to put my deposit down with Symbolic, until I read that. I live a good frisbee thro from the old location, so it was an easy option, but now I have found a safe haven over the hill for my deposit. Thousand Oaks is a lot closer than San Diego!

Thanks for the info!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,438 Posts
Ah the dichotomy(ed) of LA- you get to stare at beautifully enlarged mam's all day long on every street corner, but you you can never bend over for the soap in that town.

There's a parable in there somewhere.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,684 Posts
_JD_ said:
Ah the dicotomy of LA- you get to stare at beautifully enlarged mam's all day long on every street corner, but you you can never bend over for the soap in that town.

There's a parable in there somewhere.

or is that PAIRable
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
765 Posts
I'm glad I read that forum topic. I'm putting a deposit down to get on a list within a week or so. I'll be avoiding Symbolic Motors for my Elise purchase.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,955 Posts
mr.woolery said:
I'm glad I read that forum topic. I'm putting a deposit down to get on a list within a week or so. I'll be avoiding Symbolic Motors for my Elise purchase.
Why wait in line. Someone on the official forum is selling their #3 spot in Jacksonville. Some of these people are as bad as the dealers
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
113 Posts
I also have a deposit in SD, placed July 31. At the LA show I was able to infer that there may be issues with the closing of the BH location and was encouraged to 'stay after them'.

After multiple calls and trips I have yet to get ANY idea where my order falls in their sequence of priorities. Now that I'm far too excited about the car than is rational, thsi is clearly not encouraging.

At this point it may be time to be talking to other dealers.

Anybody else from San Diego get a better read on how this is going to play out?
 

·
insert clever title here
Joined
·
7,702 Posts
Jay said:
At this point it may be time to be talking to other dealers.
Since the deposits at many (most?) dealers are fully refundable, you might want to consider putting a deposit down elsewhere immediately while you sort out this unfortunate situation. Check some of the out of town dealers like Los Gatos (Silicon Valley Auto Group), maybe even the one in Denver if you don't mind the drive (I don't think they have very many deposits yet). Then, just cancel one of the orders and get your deposit back.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
113 Posts
thanks- I've seen some glimmers of hope here and will try to see what response I get in person. these threads can get distorted.
 
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Top