The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone taken delivery of a customer car from either wait list (LA or LaJolla)???????:confused:

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I missed that thread. So perhaps they've taken the first 10 or so for themselves. They're a dealer and entitled to sell cars for themselves. I'd expect they'll get a lot more cars, upwards of 120/year since they once held 2 dealerships.

BUT, the same question applies- has anyone taken delivery of a Symbolic wait list car? As defined it is a car that had a deposit applied to it last year (or even 2 years ago...), a color/options package was selected, and it has arrived and been sold at MSRP?

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
I have not personally heard of any. I've got a call and e-mail in to Symbolic to try to get some info on my order status (#27 on the LA list), but so far no response from them.

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
Jay,
I wouldn't neccessarily count on Symbolic getting a large allocation, I"m certain it's been noticed by Lotus that they're not selling cars to listers and rather selling ALL at market. LCU is limited to what they can do as far as dealers behavior, they can however control how many cars they get next go around.
:
Chris

·
Registered
2,564 Posts
zvezdah1 said:
Jay,
I wouldn't neccessarily count on Symbolic getting a large allocation, I"m certain it's been noticed by Lotus that they're not selling cars to listers and rather selling ALL at market. LCU is limited to what they can do as far as dealers behavior, they can however control how many cars they get next go around.
:
Chris
of course, by doing so, they (LCU) are giving all the listers the shaft.

I do remember reading somewhere (I believe it was on the official Lotus forum & posted by someone at Symbolic) that they ordered the first 10 cars to be sold at MSRP & the first customer order is #11. That said, one of the cars in the showroom is supposedly an order that the customer refused because they didnt' like the color. Not sure if I buy it, but I've got no reason not to, really, so... err.. yeah.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts