The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First, if you're planning to go down to Symbolic and oggle the cars, maybe wait a bit if you want a warmer reception. They had a rash of unscheduled visitors (like myself) all afternoon and are getting a bit ruffled and testy. The cars haven't even been PDI'd or washed yet, so they don't want to show them.

I know one of the Symbolic service techs, and they're nice down-to-earth guys that share our enthusiasm. However... the front office guys aren't so excited to see me again and wouldn't let me in the gate to get good pictures of the Silver or Black cars. Fortunately I had a chance to crawl around the yellow one earlier. :)

S'alright.. these will do for now. Check out the car behind this black Elise.. perhaps the one car that can make the Elise look big! :eek:

·
Registered
758 Posts
Sorry, you lost me at the 'warmer reception' bit. Since when do they offer a warm reception ? Maybe I have to wait 30 years for one of those. Just in time for my car :)

·
Registered
5,160 Posts
Black is my favorite. Too bad you don't see the damn thing unless you are looking for it. Worse visibility factor than even my road matching ST.

One thing is that if we do a Club111 meet, I'm not sure they would appreciate an unscheduled bombardment of crazy EliseTalkers! We will tread carefully. ;)

·
Registered
3,664 Posts
Wow, the Symbolic guys sure sound like a crew I'd like to give my business to :rolleyes:

(/sarcasm)

Companies that treat their customers like an inconvenience don't deserve to stay in business.

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
Careful. I hear a temporary restrainting order in the works. They may even release the hounds! :)

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
MikeAR303 said:
Wow, the Symbolic guys sure sound like a crew I'd like to give my business to :rolleyes:

(/sarcasm)

Companies that treat their customers like an inconvenience don't deserve to stay in business.
It's the usual story -- the Armani suits in the front office can't stand the thought of a $40k car on their lot.

The techs in the back got good training from Atlanta and are excited about the car. Fortunately, I don't have to worry about the suits touching my car, eh?

·
Registered
3,664 Posts
Ground Loop said:
It's the usual story -- the Armani suits in the front office can't stand the thought of a $40k car on their lot.

The techs in the back got good training from Atlanta and are excited about the car. Fortunately, I don't have to worry about the suits touching my car, eh?
...but those same fake Armani suits don't seem to mind having a $20k car in their driveways at home :p

Selling them doesn't always make you wealthy enough to own them.

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
confirms my believe that Arctic and CO are the two best colors on this car. The brighter the color the better it looks IMO. It's all about the contrast with the black.

·
shay2nak
25,068 Posts
Black is ok, it's not as good as i thought it would look. maybe after the wash it will look better. As well as waiting for the close up pics! yellow is nice, but not my color.

Ground Loop, nice reconnaissance work my friend!

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
MikeAR303 said:
...but those same fake Armani suits don't seem to mind having a $20k car in their driveways at home :p

Selling them doesn't always make you wealthy enough to own them.
Real Armani Suits are only about $300 - $500 on Ebay.

·
Registered
758 Posts
Mike - I get the feeling they're not the only ones like this. Seems like theres only one or two dealers who receive thumbs up from those on their lists.

Now that I've had a little experience on the wait list (granted its not as much as Randy or Chris have waited), I get the feeling that the better of the Lotus dealers are those that think of the Elise as a high-end, high priced car. Those that don't require you wear a tux to the showroom.

When you deal with $200k+ cars, and customers who can afford them, your attitude towards a $40k car will be very different to someone who deals with $30k- cars.

EDIT - I type slow :(

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Congrats West Coast Gang! you can at least start to take your test drives now and share your feelings with us Eastern USA people. Maybe take a quick drive up the PCH ( not from San Diego of course) and give us some mouthwatering reviews!

Black is my favorite color as well but I don't like it with the hard top on, have to see it person I guess.
The Saffron looks great, much better than I expected, I'm going to go have to check the one down in Miami and see if I can cut the line and buy it.

Cheers

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
An axiom I learned from consulting: "It's not the suit that makes the man. It's the substance in the man."

A guy can be dressed in an Armani suit, be a complete jerk and know nothing. A kid can be dressed in ripped jeans, an old t-shirt and know how to manipulate Enterprise sytems. Guess who I'd hire to run my IT department? :p

Bob

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
When you deal with $200k+ cars, and customers who can afford them, your attitude towards a $40k car will be very different to someone who deals with $30k- cars.
My experience is the exact opposite. You generally get treated better by a salesperson who used to sell $200K car than some guy who is used to selling $399 a month down the throat of some guy who cannot even afford the payments of a Ford. It is a completely different sales strategy.

In either case, just remember they don't care about you, just your wallet. Be patient and buy low and not high.

·
Registered
3,664 Posts
I've always had the attitude that if I feel as though I'm being looked down upon when I walk into a dealership, I'll just walk out and go to the next one.

I'm not about to go out of my way to get "dressed up" to go to a car dealership. If a salesperson is dumb enough to treat me like I can't afford the car, it's their loss.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts