The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am adding an oil pressure gauge and I am looking for a T adapter that will allow me to keep the factory installed guage while adding an additional guage at the same location. I have seen an adapter produced by Forcefed but have been unable to find it. Any other sources? My new guage is an Innovate MX-L.

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Are you talking about the keeping the stock low oil pressure switch? Or does the S260 actually come with an actual pressure gauge?

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Are you talking about the keeping the stock low oil pressure switch? Or does the S260 actually come with an actual pressure gauge?
I was speaking about the low oil pressure sensor. I have found some t adapters but I am not sure what the thread style the stock oil sensor requires.

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
I was speaking about the low oil pressure sensor. I have found some t adapters but I am not sure what the thread style the stock oil sensor requires.
I chatted with Pegasus a while ago about this with my Honda setup (which is basically the same as the Toyo).

He strongly recommended not trying to use an adapter directly on the block like that. You end up with a lot of weight being vibrated on some very small threads. It can damage those threads pretty easily and cause an oil leak. Instead the "right" way to do it is to use an adapter directly at the block to go from BPT (might be NPT) to -3AN. Then mount the oil Tee remotely.

So IIRC I have a BSP to -3AN, a small -3an hose to a -3AN to NPT adapter. A 3 port 1/8 NPT Tee, and then a NPT to BSP adapter for the stock oil pressure sender.

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Ahhh,

I think this is closer to what I need to do. I need an AN fitting to fit the block at the OEM sensor and hose. Sounds much better than tapping the block. The problem is finding a BSP to NPT adaptor. I'll try Pegasus/Summit.

I chatted with Pegasus a while ago about this with my Honda setup (which is basically the same as the Toyo).

He strongly recommended not trying to use an adapter directly on the block like that. You end up with a lot of weight being vibrated on some very small threads. It can damage those threads pretty easily and cause an oil leak. Instead the "right" way to do it is to use an adapter directly at the block to go from BPT (might be NPT) to -3AN. Then mount the oil Tee remotely.

So IIRC I have a BSP to -3AN, a small -3an hose to a -3AN to NPT adapter. A 3 port 1/8 NPT Tee, and then a NPT to BSP adapter for the stock oil pressure sender.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts