The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey folks my elise is 5 days old and got 1600 miles on it. it drove it this afternoon at 8000 rpm and was surprised why i was hitting rpm's at 9000. then realized that my rpm needle is broken and stayed at 8000 and now at 9000 and won't go back to 0 even with the ignition switch turned off... very disappointed and also my signal light at the drivers side has some water moisture that went inside after i washed it the other day

:eek: :mad:

·
Registered
513 Posts
Ah... standard Lotus build quality.

Don't worry, just have it fixed next time you're at the dealer - these are obviously warranty issues.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
tachometer

i know it is warranty issues but going back and forth to the dealer is a pain on the a** and besides now the gas light and the temp. sign also is lighting now. what a quality. now i am really getting worried, i hope this is it because there is not much dealers around and so there is also not much technicians yet . my dealership told me they only have one tech that is licensed by lotus and trained in duluth, ga. can you imagine that?????

·
Registered
6,293 Posts
Did you break the seal:eek:

·
shay2nak
25,083 Posts
Does anyone else have problems with moisture and condensation inside the headlights? Were the sealers defective when you first got the car or did it happen when you messed around with the internals of the light?

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
shay2nak said:
Does anyone else have problems with moisture and condensation inside the headlights?
The headlights are not sealed units (there's actually a drain hole in the bottom), so some condensation is normal if for instance temperatures drop. This evaporates quickly once you turn on the headlights.

Bye, Arno.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Re: tachometer

veryfast said:
besides now the gas light and the temp. sign also is lighting now.
Sounds a lot like the main connector in the back of the dial unit has worked itself loose and is now not giving proper contact anymore.

Fix should be pretty trivial. Just remove the covers and re-seat the plug.

Bye, Arno.

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
veryfast said:
...also my signal light at the drivers side has some water moisture that went inside after i washed it the other day

Oh Oh...Blinker light fluid rears its head.

·
shay2nak
25,083 Posts
Arno said:
The headlights are not sealed units (there's actually a drain hole in the bottom), so some condensation is normal if for instance temperatures drop. This evaporates quickly once you turn on the headlights.

Bye, Arno.
really?! That's odd. Isn't it bad if water gets onto the lens (not the cover)? Say you turn the lights on and water is on them, won't it eventually cause the lens to crack? Like a heat lamp in a bathroom if water were to get on it.

·
Registered
12,374 Posts
shay2nak said:
Isn't it bad if water gets onto the lens (not the cover)?
It's not like there is an open scoop to suck the water into the headlights - it's just that they are not sealed. Normal moisture in the air can get in there. Water spray is not, as they are pretty protected from the elements, but moisture from the air can get in there - they are not sealed air tight.

·
Registered
6,293 Posts
Re: tach

veryfast said:
what seal?
Sorry, I was trying to be funny:)

I was joking that you may have...

·
Registered
10 Posts
im just woundering which part of solca u located at?
cuz i hv the same problem too, also becuse of these few days of rain, the driver side has some water going in

1 - 13 of 13 Posts