The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took these today during a drive. The LTC was disengaged, lights off, vent blowing unconditioned air, radio on....windows down...hard on the gas

The first one is at idle, sitting at a stop light.

The others were taken while driving in light load in 5th gear
as the speedo shows. I turned the LTC off after the tach went haywire, but it did nothing.

The last one was taken after turning the battery switch off and turning it back on again. engine off, no key in ignition

The car runs normally other than the tach.

-Robert

Attachments

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
Your car might need a firmware upgrade.

But first, do a tachometer reset.
Leave driver's door open, press and hold the trip/reset button, and while holding the button down, insert key and turn to 'key on' position quickly.

In the LCD area it'll show the firmware version(write it down and verify with dealer), and the gauges will sweep and reset to zero.

I had this happen to me every now and then when I first received the car, and after the firmware update, it's never happened.

·
Registered
3,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks forks,
I'll try that.

side note: The car seems to pull harder with the LTC off. Have you noticed this effect? (when the tach did a 360 on me I was experimenting with the LTC system. I think the system reduces power even when the wheels are not slipping and the car is moving in a straight line. Any thoughts.

-Robert

·
Absolute power does what?
3,201 Posts
While I've never seen that mine goes nuts occasionally on the track - it'll start reading 1000 rpms lower than reality, then another 1000 then another. By the end of a session it'll max at 3000 revs (interestingly the shift light is unaffected as is cam pop-over point).

I'll have to try the reset next time I'm near the car.

·
Registered
3,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I did the reset a bunch of times. It only moved it a few centimeters.
The code said SW .08 What do I do next? Call a dealer?

·
Registered
3,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The Exige finally decided to cooperate.
The tach returned to the normal position without
another cluster reset. I guess it had to go through
a number of drive cycles.
-Robert

1 - 6 of 6 Posts