The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Elise newb
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Popped my Lotus cherry this morning. Driving to work, the drivers side speaker grill popped off...

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
Speaker grill, thats nothing.
Wait till the front turn signal pops out.

Welcome to the club

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
spoiler alert: the wire actually keeps it as part of the car (rather than flying off of the car). Not that it happened to me or anything. Well, yah, it did..... The bunji cord thing works well.
After installing new chrome turn signal bulbs, I realized there are two stages for the signal being "in". It will click if pushed in and seat well, and then if you push the front corner down, it will click again.

If I hadn't checked to make sure I would have assumed they were in all the way. They were secure and such. After that second click I did some testing and realized that they will pop out with vibration eventually if they aren't fully seated.

·
Registered
2,524 Posts
Lotus are so adamant about adding lightness that they included numerous "auto-weight-shedding" features.

Welcome to the light side!

·
Registered
144 Posts
My two amusing TADTS so far are the window adjustor nut falling out of the door and my seatbelt cover flying off (luckily it flew into the car and not out of it!).
Lol so that's why I don't have any seatbelt covers??

·
Registered
182 Posts
My two amusing TADTS so far are the window adjustor nut falling out of the door and my seatbelt cover flying off (luckily it flew into the car and not out of it!).
Amazing. My seat belt covers are constantly coming unsnapped -but they are secured to the belt bolt and don't go flying anywhere. They just flap in the wind until I snap them back down.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Amazing. My seat belt covers are constantly coming unsnapped -but they are secured to the belt bolt and don't go flying anywhere. They just flap in the wind until I snap them back down.
Here's a quote from Ron Tonkin Gran Turismo in 2008, "the plastic seat belt covers are warranty and are a nuisance to all."

·
Closer than you think
2,222 Posts
This bumper sticker can also be used as an adhesive device to keep parts in their place:

"All of the parts falling off this car are of the finest British craftsmanship"

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts