The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone here know what could cause one tail light to not block when the turn signal is turned on? All LED’s function as they should at both brightness levels (normal operation/press brake pedal).
car is. 2007 Exige-s

·
Registered
956 Posts
What troubleshooting have you done so far? PM me your email and I will send you a color wiring diagram.

·
Registered
64 Posts
When one of the fuses is broken, the circuit is cut off and could be the reason why your tail lights aren't working.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
When one of the fuses is broken, the circuit is cut off and could be the reason why your tail lights aren't working.
I guess my question to that is are there separate fuses for each rear turn signal. Because one side works and the other doesn’t.
also when I swapped the driver and passenger outer tail lights, the problem moved so I don’t think the issue would be in a fuse or wiring. If it was the problem would have stayed in the same location when swapping the lights

·
Registered
956 Posts
I think you found your answer. You have a bad tail light. The same set of LEDs are not energized for brake and turn signals, they are separate groups of LEDs. Just because you see tail lights and brake lights does not mean the turn signal portion is functioning. Use the wiring diagram I sent you and test the bad fixture on the bench to confirm. Also, please answer if you only moved the fixture itself or the fixture and the short (~6") pigtail wire when you moved the light to the opposite side. There is a small chance that there may be an issue in the pigtail. Look at all connections for recessed pins/sockets because they can unlock inside the connectors, again a low probability but easy to check.
Good luck.

Reactions: goelise
1 - 5 of 5 Posts